Following the successful completion of the repair to the Shitike Creek crossing today, a pressure relief valve failed in the South East vault.
As a result, water drained out of the South East reservoir and it is now completely empty. Additionally, an 8” water main line north of the Shitike Creek Road failed. These two failures need to be addressed before water flow can be restored to the Campus area, Miller Heights neighborhood and the South East, Greeley Heights and West Hills reservoirs.
You can see a map of the areas impacted this evening HERE
Water Outage Impacts:
- Water outages will continue in the Miller Heights neighborhood.
- Water outages will continue on the Campus area.
- Tribal buildings, businesses and residents served by the South East reservoir are experiencing water outages.
- The Greeley Heights reservoir has been isolated. There is enough reserve to provide water for approximately 36 hours with continued conservation efforts.
- The West Hills reservoir has been isolated. There is enough reserve to provide approximately 24 hours of water with continued conservation efforts.
Water distribution and hot showers are available at the old Elementary School Library.