Community Calendar for Friday July 12, 2019
- Drinking Water Distribution continues at the Old Elementary School Library from 7:30am – 6pm. The Boil Water Order continues as pressure valves for the water system are repaired and replaced. Residents should continue to conserve water!
- Kids 18 and under can get free, nutritious meals through the 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program today at: Bridges High School at Westside School – breakfast starts at 7:45 and lunch at noon; Warm Springs Youth Center – breakfast is served from 8:45-9:15 and lunch 12-12:30; and at Buff Elementary – breakfast is from 8-9:15 and lunch 11:30-12:30.
- At 10:45 this morning, there is Senior Fitness Class at the Senior Center. After class a meal will be provided to participants. Today’s menu is: turkey wraps, cole slaw and fresh fruit.
- Friday Fitness options today include Functional Fitness class at 12:10 in the Community Center aerobics room and Pi-Yo class at 12:10 in the atrium at the clinic.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- The Jefferson County Relay for Life is Saturday at the Fairgrounds in Madras. The opening ceremony will be at 10am. The Silent Auction – with more than 400 items, opens at 11am and closes at 7pm. Teams of Walkers will participate in a relay walk for a 24 hour period with special games and activities. All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society to help with cancer research, education & advocacy. This year, cancer survivor Becky Picard of Warm Springs will be recognized.
- The Madras High School Key Club will be offering a Kids’ Cultural Day tomorrow from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park. The country being highlighted is Mexico. There will be craft activities for children, samples of Peruvian food and drinks and traditional costumes.
Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.
The summer Financial Skills for Families class series will begin on July 23rd at the Community Action Team office on campus. It will be held Tuesday evenings and dinner will be provided. This is a requirement for Oregon Individual Development Program participants.
The Family Jamboree Day in Warm Springs will be held on August 15th. New this year there will be an outdoor market and food vendors during the event. If you are interested in being a vendor contact Emily Courtney at the Community Action Team office.
Warm Springs Sanitation reminds residents to bring your garbage totes to the road on your scheduled pick up days. And, remember that totes are for garbage only – no yard debris or grass clippings.