Community Calendar for Friday July 26, 2019
- Drinking water distribution for those in the Boil Water Order areas – is today 7:30am – 6pm at the old Warm Springs Elementary Library. Showers are also available 6am – 9pm daily. Additional repairs to the Agency Water Distribution System are scheduled to begin next Monday. Those repairs will take at least a couple weeks. The boil water order will remain in effect throughout that work. Because the systems water reservoirs are low – everyone is urged to conserve water.
- The 509J Summer Food Service Meal Program is available today for breakfast and lunch – in Warm Springs at the Youth Center at 8:45 and noon – in Madras at the Westside School at 7:45 & noon AND at Buff Elementary at 8am & 11:30. Nutritious meals are free to kids 18 and under.
- At 10:45 this morning, there is Senior Fitness Class at the Senior Center. After class a meal will be provided to participants. Today’s menu is: tortilla soup served with diced avocados, blue corn chips and a side of fresh fruit.
- Friday Fitness options today include Functional Fitness class at 12:10 in the Community Center aerobics room and Pi-Yo class at 12:10 in the atrium at the clinic.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- The Jefferson County Fair and Rodeo is happening at the fairgrounds in Madras. Today is Senior Citizen’s Day. And, tomorrow will be Can Cancer Day – everyone wear purple. Entry into the fair is free. Live music tonight starts at 9:00 featuring the Portland Hit Factory. The rodeo is tonight and Saturday at 7pm.
- The 1st Annual Pacific Coast Indigenous Youth Invitational Basketball Tourney is this weekend at the Warm Springs Community Center. It’s 13 & 15 Under Boys and 10 & Under Co-ed tourney. FMI: Austin Greene at the Community Center
- There is a revival tonight and tomorrow at the stick game pavilion at 7 each night with a young minister from Browning, Montana.
- The Madras Aquatic Center will be closing at 6pm the rest of this week, so there will be no evening lap swim or sunset swim.
Boarding School Applications for Chemawa, Riverside, Sherman and Flandreau Indian Schools are due July 31st. Applications are available at the Higher Education office on the top floor of the old boys dorm.
The Warm Springs Back to School Barbecue is coming up on Thursday, August 29th from 4-6pm at the K-8 Academy.
Heart of Oregon YouthBuild is recruiting youth ages 16-24 years for its Fall 2019 cohort starting October 14th. YouthBuild members earn their GED, high school diploma, college credit, and job skills. There are information sessions scheduled at their Cloverdale office in Sisters. The first one will be on August 22nd. Other dates are September 5, 12, 26 or October 3 also in Sisters. You MUST attend one of the information sessions to be considered for the YouthBuild Program. Details are available online at www.heartoforegon.org.
The Family Jamboree Day in Warm Springs will be held on August 15th from 3-7pm. There will be family fun activities plus a talent show hosted by Blue Flamez, jumping houses, rock climbing, music and new this year – an outdoor market and food vendors. If you are interested in being a vendor contact Emily Courtney at the Community Action Team office.
Warm Springs Sanitation reminds residents to bring your garbage totes to the road on your scheduled pick up days. And, remember that totes are for garbage only – no yard debris or grass clippings.