Community Calendar for Monday July 29, 2019
- Drinking water distribution for those in the Boil Water Order areas – is today 7:30am – 6pm at the old Warm Springs Elementary Library. Showers are also available 6am – 9pm daily. The boil water order will remain in effect. Because the systems water reservoirs are low – everyone is urged to conserve water.
- Nutritious meals are available this summer through the 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program. Today’s meals in Madras are at Bridges in the Westside School – breakfast is at 7:45 and lunch at 12:00; and at the Warm Springs Youth Center where breakfast is served 8:45-9:15 and lunch is available 12-12:30.
- Here is today’s Tribal Council agenda: In the morning – the June financial overview, and draft resolutions. In the afternoon – a legislative update call and board appointments.
- There is Senior Fitness Class today at 10:45am at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat a meal after – today they are having: tuna sandwiches, broccoli slaw and canned fruit.
- There is Functional Fitness Class today at 12:10 in the Community Center aerobics room and Pi-Yo class at 12:10 in the clinic atrium. There is also a new early morning Fusion Fitness class every Tuesday & Thursday at 6am in the Community Center aerobics room. Personal training is back at the Community Center – find out more by calling the Community Wellness Department 541-553-3589 or Joe Arthur 553-3243.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- If you are experiencing issues with your Warm Springs Telecom services – they ask you please call them at 541-615-0555. You must call in for technicians to respond, troubleshoot and resolve your issue.
Boarding School Applications are due this Wednesday. Applications are available at the Higher Education office on the top floor of the old boys dorm.
Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.
Registration for youth soccer through the Madras Aquatic Center Recreation District is open through August 12th for kids ages 4 to 14. You can register online at www.macrecdistrict.com.