Community Calendar for Tuesday July 16, 2019
- The Warm Springs Agency Water System still has a boil water order in effect and that is expected to continue this month. Drinking water distribution is today 7:30am – 6pm at the old Elementary School Library. Showers are also set up again and are open 6am – 9pm.
- Nutritious meals are available this summer through the 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program. Today’s meals are at: Bridges High School – breakfast is from 7:45-8:30 and lunch 12-12:30; at the Warm Springs Youth Center at 8:45 and noon; and Buff Elementary at 8 and 11:30am.
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be at the Warm Springs Senior Center today to answer any questions during and after the senior meal.
- Here are today’s Fitness Activities at the Community Center – There is a Youth Yoga class at 10am in the aerobics room, Functional Fitness is at noon in the social hall and Insanity Class at noon in the aerobics room.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is beef and broccoli ramen soup, crackers and fresh fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions can call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
- Today is the deadline for registrations for Madras Aquatic Center Recreation District’s 5th & 6th grade tackle football and youth flag football for ages 4-9. Youth soccer registration will be taken through August 12th for kids ages 4 to 14. You can register online macrecdistrict.com.
- A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate will be available at the Victims of Crime Services office in Warm Springs tomorrow. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
- There sports physical clinic at the Warm Springs Health and Wellness Center tomorrow on a first come first serve basis. Kids will need to bring a parent or guardian with them and can start checking in at 12:45.
- There is a family movie night tomorrow in front of the Behavioral Health Building at 9pm.
- There is a food handler’s class this Thursday from 10am to noon at the Health & Wellness Center atrium. There will be another on July 24th at 2pm.
- The senior citizen picnic is this Thursday in the Community Center pavilion at noon. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3.
- Tananawit is hosting an outdoor movie night fundraiser with a Throwback Thursday showing of the Lion King, this Thursday at the Warm Springs Community Action Team building on campus. Cost is $3, kids 12 and under is $1. They will accept can/bottle donations as payment as well.
The next Downtown Madras Park & Play First Thursday event is on August 1st. It’s a street fair with local vendors, music and food along 5th Street in Madras August 1st from 5-9pm. To learn more about being a vendor visit http://downtownparkandplay.com/.
The Heart Healthy Heroes Club – a series of classes to help you improve your heart health while saving money through prevention – will be held in Warm Springs on August 13, 20 & 27 from 11am to noon at the clinic. It is free to anyone with heart disease or other chronic heart conditions and family members who would like to learn more. Register online at www.stcharleshealthcare.org.
Warm Springs Sanitation reminds residents to bring your garbage totes to the road on your scheduled pick up days. And, remember that totes are for garbage only – no yard debris or grass clippings.