Community Calendar for Wednesday July 10, 2019
- Drinking Water Distribution continues at the Old Elementary School Library this week 7:30am – 6pm. The Boil Water Order continues as pressure valves for the water system are repaired and replaced.
- The 17th annual Hot Summer Nights Powwow is today at the Simnasho rodeo grounds. The annual fun run-walk is this morning. A BBQ is tonight at 6 followed by the social powwow at 7. Hot Summer Nights is home to the Simnasho Derby, the Drummers Relay Race and the Sweep Your Teepee World Championships. Everyone is welcome to attend and participate.
- The Summer Food Service Meal Program will be available today at: Bridges High School at 7:45 and noon; Warm Springs Youth Center at 8:45 and noon; and Buff Elementary at 8 and 11:30am. Nutritious meals are free to kids 18 and under.
- There is Community Acupuncture this morning in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
- Tribal Council will meet to work on its Proclamation and Priorities today.
- Senior Fitness Class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu today: un-sloppy joes, sweet potato fries and a fruit smoothie.
- Noon hour fitness classes in Warm Springs today are: Functional Fitness at the Community Center and Pi-Yo in the clinic atrium. The 6am Fusion Fitness classes are back – Tuesday & Thursday mornings in the aerobics room.
- Mom, Dad & Baby Group is Wednesday from 2-3pm at the Family Resource Center. This is for all parents, families & caregivers who take care of a baby or young child. They offer a snack, an activity, a craft and breastfeeding support. To learn more contact MCH Nurse Allie Anderson at 541-553-2460.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- The last class in the Being Tobacco Free series in Warm Springs is tomorrow at noon in the Family Resource Center. Learn about the benefits of living tobacco-free. Everyone is welcome – lunch is provided.
The Jefferson County Relay for Life is Saturday at the Fairgrounds in Madras. The opening ceremony will be at 10am. The Silent Auction – with more than 400 items, opens at 11am and closes at 7pm. Teams of Walkers will participate in a relay walk for a 24 hour period with special games and activities. All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society to help with cancer research, education & advocacy. This year, cancer survivor Becky Picard of Warm Springs will be recognized.
The month of August at Art Adventure Gallery will feature artists who live in and around Jefferson County. Artists may submit up to 4 pieces in any medium. Application forms are available at the gallery or online. Work can be dropped off any time during business hours the last week of July. The opening reception for the All Jefferson County Exhibit will be Thursday August 1st from 5:30-7PM.