Community Calendar for Friday August 23, 2019
- Today is the last day of the 509-J Summer Meals at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. All youth ages 1-18 can eat for free. Breakfast will be served 9 to 9:30am and lunch from 11:30 until noon.
- At 10:45 this morning, there is Senior Fitness Class at the Senior Center. After class a meal will be provided to participants. Today’s menu is: turkey club sandwich and spinach potato salad.
- There are two fitness classes at 12:10 today in Warm Springs – Functional Fitness at the Community Center and Pi-Yo at the Health & Wellness Center, pod A.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- The Wasco County Fair & Rodeo is happening in Tygh Valley. Warm Springs Tribal Members get free admission! Today and tomorrow will be the NPRA Rodeo. On Sunday, there’s free breakfast, the youth livestock auction and a demolition derby.
- The Airshow of the Cascades is this weekend at the Madras Airport. Gates open to the public at 2pm today – tickets include entrance into the Erickson Aircraft Collection. There is also a car show, vintage bicycle show, food booths and vendors. At 4:00 airplane and helicopter rides start, there’s live music from 5-6:30. There’s a fish & chips dinner while it lasts starting at 5:30. Aerobatic performances start at 7, a special night display at 9 and fireworks from 9:30-10. Gates open on Saturday at 9am.
- Warm Spring Recreation’s Back to School Yard Sale is tomorrow on the front yard of the Community Center from 9-4.
- The Red Cross will be have training for members and those who want to join the Red Cross tomorrow from 9-11am at the Family Resource Center.
Warm Springs HAPPI and Prevention Programs are putting on a penny carnival with foods, games, crafts and music on Wednesday, August 28th from 6-8pm in the Youth Center gym. Anyone interested in setting up a booth should contact the Prevention Program.
There is a youth basketball tournament fundraiser for Rylan Davis September 7th and 8th at the Warm Springs Community Center. Age divisions are 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 grades. All participants will register and their names will be drawn at random to place them on a team. It’s $20 a player. All money raised will help with Rylan’s medical and travel expenses. You can register now at 541-460-0675 or on the first day of the tourney – they have a limited number of shirts, so early registration is encouraged.
Warm Springs Head Start will hold its back to school open house on Tuesday September 3rd from 9am to 3pm at ECE. It is a chance to meet your child’s teacher, other Head Start staff and classrooms. It will take about an hour to complete all of the stations.
The Annual MAC Dash is coming up September 14th at the Madras Aquatic Center. The deadline to register is September 8th. All proceeds from the event go to In-water programs for the MAC. There is also a Middle MAC Dash for kids 11-14 and a mini-MAC Dash for children 10 and under – both kids events are free but registration is still required. Visit https://www.macrecdistrict.com/mac-dash/ to sign up.