Community Calendar for Thursday August 22, 2019
- The Summer Meal Program will be available today at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. All youth ages 1-18 can eat for free. Breakfast will be served 9 to 9:30am and lunch from 11:30 until noon. Tomorrow will be the last day of the program.
- There is a Fusion Fitness class, suitable for all fitness levels, every Tuesday & Thursday at the Community Center. During the noon hour today at the Center are Functional Fitness class in the social hall and Boot Camp class in the aerobics room. Personal Training sessions are available at the Community Center – call 541-553-3589 to learn more.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: baked salmon, mixed vegetables, garlic parmesan red potatoes and canned fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- A Warm Springs Graduate Banquet Celebration will be held this evening from 5:30-7:30 at the Museum at Warm Springs. All graduates of high school, trade school and college and their families should attend.
- The Wasco County Fair & Rodeo runs today through the weekend in Tygh Valley. Warm Springs Tribal Members get free admission! Today is free admission day for all, kid’s fun & games, a free senior luncheon and barrel racing in the arena. Friday & Saturday is the NPRA Rodeo. On Sunday, there’s free breakfast, the youth livestock auction and a demolition derby.
- The Airshow of the Cascades is this weekend at the Madras Airport. Gates open to the public at 2pm Friday – tickets include entrance into the Erickson Aircraft Collection. There is also a car show, vintage bicycle show, food booths and vendors. At 4:00 airplane and helicopter rides start, there’s live music from 5-6:30. There’s a fish & chips dinner while it lasts starting at 5:30. Aerobatic performances start at 7, a special night display at 9 and fireworks from 9:30-10. Gates open on Saturday at 9am.
- Warm Spring Recreation’s Back to School Yard Sale is on Saturday on the front yard of the Community Center from 9-4.
- The Red Cross will be have training for members and those who want to join the Red Cross on Saturday from 9-11am at the Family Resource Center.
There will be an agency district meeting to provide information on the 2020 enterprise revenue forecast, Kahneeta, transfer stations, hemp and any other discussion items. The meeting is on Monday at the agency longhouse. Dinner is at 5:30 and the meeting begins at 6.
Community members are invited to take part in 2 Buti Yoga classes with Master Instructor Acosia Red Elk from the Umatilla Tribe. Classes will be held next week on Monday from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm and Tuesday from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm. Both classes will be held at the Community Center Aerobics Room.
Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.
The 2019 Public Safety and Community BBQ is on Saturday, August 31st from noon to 3pm at the campus. Everyone is welcome to for free food & drinks, raffles, music and games.
There is a youth 3 on 3 round robin co-ed basketball tournament outside August 29-30 at the Elmer Quinn Park (skate park.)There will be two divisions – 13 to 15 and 16 to 18. There will be prizes, raffle items, music, vendors and more. They are taking Contact Mallory at the Community Action Team office for rules and information.