Community Calendar for Thursday August 8, 2019
- Construction is taking place this week to repair Pressure Reducing Valves in the Agency Water Distribution System. Work is scheduled all week with water shut off occurring for at least 12 hours each day. This will mean low pressure and possible outages for areas being worked on. Today’s work will impact West Hills and Greeley Heights. The boil water notice remains in effect.
- Today is the registration deadline for Summer School at the Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy which is for all incoming Kindergarten students and selected 1st through 8th grade students who received a letter in the mail. Summer School Registration forms are available at the School District Office on Buff Street in Madras, here at KWSO and at Warm Springs Culture & Heritage department. If you have questions call 541-475-6192. Summer school starts next Monday
- Families of new Kindergarten students need to make sure you complete an Enrollment Packets to register for school at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. You can call 541-475-6192 or stop by the Jefferson County 509J School District office in Madras on Buff Street. We also have Kindergarten Enrollment Packets available at KWSO in case you can’t make it to town. The Kindergarten teachers would like to get everyone registered by this Thursday.
- Nutritious meals are available this summer through the 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program. Today’s meals at the Warm Springs Youth Center are at 8:45 for breakfast and noon for lunch.
- Here is what is on the Tribal Council Agenda today: this morning will be the Ventures Update continued from last month; and Board Appointments also continued. This afternoon is an update on the Veterans Memorial Project.
- There is a Fusion Fitness class, suitable for all fitness levels, every Tuesday & Thursday at the Community Center. During the noon hour today at the Center are Functional Fitness class in the social hall and Boot Camp class in the aerobics room.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: Shepard’s pie, green beans, bread and fresh fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- The Fish & Wildlife Committee is hosting a public meeting on the 2019 hunting regulations today at 5:30 at the Agency Longhouse. All hunters should attend.
- The Head Start graduation will take place tomorrow at 9am at the agency longhouse.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.
If you are experiencing issues with your Warm Springs Telecom services – they ask you please call them at 541-615-0555. You must call in for technicians to respond, troubleshoot and resolve your issue.
Warm Springs HAPPI and Prevention Programs are putting on a penny carnival with foods, games, crafts and music on Wednesday, August 28th from 6-8pm in the Youth Center gym. Anyone interested in setting up a booth should contact the Prevention Program.