- Today is September 20th – There are 194 days until Census 2020. The U.S. Census counts residents in the United States. In 2020 – everyone in Warm Springs should be counted.
- A senior citizen fitness class is held Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants can eat brunch. Today’s meal will be a meat loaf sandwich.
- An Eight Healthy Habits class begins today at 12:05pm in the clinic atrium. Classes will continue each Friday until November 8th. The class will consist of an eight healthy habits video course. A side salad will be provided every week.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- The Recovery Never Ends Family Conference is taking place at He He Longhouse through tomorrow. Tonight there is a powwow at 7. Everyone is welcome to attend and participate.
- The Madras Light Brigade is hosting a CLIMATE STRIKE today as a call for Action for our Planet! Folks are invited to MEET UP @ 6pm in Sahalee Park in Madras. They will go from there to the North Y to hold a vigil with lighted signs. Please feel free to bring your own signs and battery powered lights – please no candles.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show “If Beale Street Could Talk” this evening at 7:30 at the Rodriguez Annex in Madras. Films are free and refreshments are available.
- The Warm Springs Recreation Department is hosting their Fall Yard Sale tomorrow from 9am – 4pm on the front lawn of the Community Center. Call 541-553-3243 to reserve a table.
- The Madras Farmers and Artisans Market is tomorrow from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park.
- Also tomorrow at Sahalee Park in Madras – OSU extension is hosting a Benny the Beaver Bash and 5 K Color Run. The run begins at 10am. There is a carrot cake community bake off and a free baked potato lunch. The event kicks off the new 4-H year.
- A memorial for Melvin Greeley will be held tomorrow at 10am at the Simnasho Longhouse. There will be an Indian Name Giving as well. Drummers are requested.
Madras Football and Girls Basketball will benefit from a 4 person golf scramble tournament on October 12th at Desert Peaks in Madras. Please sign up by October 5th by talking with Coach Taylor, Coach Say or Coach David.
The 9th annual Warm Springs Tribal Celebration is this Sunday at Mt Hood Adventure Park & Ski Bowl starting at 11am and going until 6pm. Everyone is welcome to learn more about traditional use of the Mt Hood Area by members of the Warm Springs, Wasco & Paiute Tribes.
Volunteers are now being recruited for the Warm Springs Tribes 2020 Point in Time Survey. The survey is an annual effort to identify the number of people in our community that do not have a stable, safe and secure place to live – including those temporarily living with family or friends. Doing the annual count helps with planning and bringing resources to address housing needs. There will be a Volunteer Information Session on October 1st at 5:30pm at the Tribal Social Services Building in the Industrial Park. Contact Buffy Hurtado to learn more at 541-615-0141.
There is a fundraiser for the Warm Springs Police Department D.A.R.E. program on Saturday September 28th. It’s a Car, Truck & Bike Show at Indian Head Casino from Noon until 5pm. They will have Food, Music and Fun with all proceeds going to D.A.R.E.