- Today is September 23rd. There are 191 days until Census 2020. The United States does a census every 10 years and the next one begins April 1st 2020
- It’s a late start Monday for Jefferson County 509J schools. That means the school day starts 90 minutes later than usual.
- Here is what is on the Tribal Council Agenda today: this morning – updates from the Secretary-Treasurer and Chief Operations Officer, the October Agenda, Travel Delegations and Minutes Review and Draft Resolutions. This afternoon will be a Legislative Update Call, Enrollments, August Financials and the 2020 Proposed Budget.
- Senior Fitness Class is this morning at the Senior Center at 10:45. Following the class Seniors can enjoy a meal. On today’s menu: Blackberry Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich with fruit.
- Functional Fitness class is in the noon hour today in the Community Center Social Hall. Just a reminder if you are interested in personal training sessions – call 541-553-3589.
- Tomorrow early morning – there is Fusion Fitness Class at 6am at the Community Center Aerobics Room.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- A food handlers class will be held on Monday September 23rd from 2-4pm. There is no charge for class and anyone can attend.
- Today at the Behavioral Health Center – Women’S Talking Circle is this afternoon from 2-3. Adolescent Substance Abuse Education is 4-5, and Aftercare is 5:30-6:30pm.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd floor.
- Warm Springs Recreation is holding Yarn Belt Making Classed with Neda Wesley this week with classes from 3-4pm on Today, Wednesday and Friday in the Community Center Social Hall.
- Warm Springs Nation Little League will be electing new board members at a meeting this evening at 6 at the Community Center Social Hall. Board Positions include: President, Vice President, Player agents for both Softball and Baseball, Secretary, Treasurer, Safety Officer, Information Officer, Concessions Manager & Umpire in Chief. Background checks are done on all Little League Volunteers. The location of the meeting has yet to be determined. The meeting is open to all community members.
Madras Football and Girls Basketball will benefit from a 4 person golf scramble tournament on October 12th at Desert Peaks in Madras. Please sign up by October 5th by talking with Coach Taylor, Coach Say or Coach David.
There is a Victim Impact Panel tomorrow from 6-7:30pm at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
A community presentation on Human Trafficking is Wednesday at the Community Center Social Hall. There are 2 sessions at 1pm and 6pm. The training is being conducted by the Guardian Group, a local non-profit specializing in counter human trafficking.
There is a Ceremonial Hunters Meeting this Thursday from 4-6pm at thje Greeley Heights Community Building.
The Museum at Warm Springs is accepting artwork for the 2019 Tribal member Art Exhibit. Artwork is being accepted through Friday October 4th. The Exhibit will open on October 24th. Contact Natalie at the Museum if you have any questions.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.
The Sunnyside Road Grade, Relay & Pedestrian Project is underway. Sunnyside Drive is closed from Tmsh Street to Upper Dry Creek Road. Contact Ben Bisland 541-553-3207 if you have questions.