Today is October 7 – there are 177 days left until the 2020 Census begins. By April 1st 2020 every home will receive an invitation to participate in the 2020 census. You will have 3 options for responding – either online, by phone or by mail. The Warm Springs Complete Count Committee encourages everyone to be counted.
- It’s a late start Monday for Jefferson County 509J schools. That means the school day starts 90 minutes later than usual.
- Tribal Council is in session today and on their agenda is: BIA Update at 9am, Office of Special Trustee update at 9:30am, Realty Items at 10am, IHS Update at 10:30am, Legislative Update Conference Call at 1:30pm and a Tribal Attorney Update at 2:30pm.
- Warm Springs Construction continues work on the Sunnyside Road Grade, Relay & Pedestrian Project. Beginning today Sunnyside Drive will be closed from Tmsh Street to Salmon Drive through November 8th. Questions can be directed to Ben Bisland 541-553-3207
- Senior fitness class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat after – today they are having Pesto Lasagna.
- Functional Fitness at 12:10 in the Aerobics room at the Community Center. Pilates Yoga Class is at the Health an dWellness center at lunchtime.
This Friday is a no school day and Warm Springs Recreation is taking kids on a field trip to a pumpkin patch in Boring. Admission costs $7. You can sign up at the Community Center Office. Space is limited to sign up as soon as you can.
Become a SMART Reader. SMART stands for “start making a reader today” and is a volunteer program that pairs readers with 1st grade students in Warm Springs. On Thursdays from 4-5pm they get together at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy afterschool 21st Century Learning Program. If you are interested – call 541-797-7726.
Warm Springs Red Cross is having a meeting for anyone interested in becoming a volunteer this Thursday at noon at the Family Resource Center. They will also be talking about the upcoming Smoke Detector check and replacement Effort.
If you are experiencing issues with your Warm Springs Telecom services – they ask you please call them at 541-615-0555. You must call in for technicians to respond, troubleshoot and resolve your issue.
Warm Springs Geo Visions is hosting an open house on October 18th to share with Tribal Members and the General Public about the work they do which includes the Cultural Resources Division which is dedicated to the protection and preservation of Cultural Resources. Geo Visions mission is to serve the archaeological and historical preservation needs of the Pacific Northwest. The open house will include interactive demonstrations from Flint Napping to talks with Native Elders. The open house is October 18th at the Geo Visions office in the Industrial Park from 10am – 2pm. Please RSVP so they can be sure to have enough food. Email email@example.com or call 386-209-0472.
There are free Microsoft Word worships coming up. Word 1 is an introductory class that will be this Friday at the Warm Springs Education Building. Word 2 is a follow up class on Friday October 18th at 1. Seats are limited. Call Melinda at 541-553-3324 to sign up or else email Deanna at firstname.lastname@example.org.