Today is October 5 – there are 179 days left until the 2020 Census begins. You will get an invitation to participate in the census at your home. There will be information about how to participate by sending in a paper form, calling, or doing the 2020 Census online. How ever you choose to participate – the Warm Springs Complete Count Committee encourages you to be counted.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- The Eugene Greene American Legion presents a Welcome Home Korean War Era Veterans event today at the Warm Springs Community Center. The event starts with a parade at 11am followed by a noon awards lunch.
- The Warm Springs Firefighter Memorial is today at the Agency Longhouse. Registration starts at 11am. Lunch is at noon. Grand Entry at 2. Recognition and presentations are at 3.
- The Jaime “Chili Guy” Tohet Memorial Rodeo is today at 1pm at the Simnasho Rodeo Grounds. Events include the Wild Horse Race, a 2 plus 1 Wild Horse Race, Ranch Bronc Riding and a Junior Wild Colt Race PLUS Extra kid events.
Warm Springs Red Cross is having a meeting for anyone interested in becoming a volunteer next Thursday October 10th at noon at the Family Resource Center. They will also be talking about the upcoming Smoke Detector check and replacement Effort.
Warm Springs Geo Visions is hosting an open house on October 18th to share with Tribal Members and the General Public about the work they do which includes the Cultural Resources Division which is dedicated to the protection and preservation of Cultural Resources. Geo Visions mission is to serve the archaeological and historical preservation needs of the Pacific Northwest. The open house will include interactive demonstrations from Flint Napping to talks with Native Elders. The open house is October 18th at the Geo Visions office in the Industrial Park from 10am – 2pm. Please RSVP so they can be sure to have enough food. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 386-209-0472.
- Warm Springs Recreation’s annual Great Pumpkin Party is Wednesday October 23rd. There will be different categories that will be judged. Families should bring their own pumpkins and carving devices. Everyone is welcome.
- The Red Lake Costume Run for the Health of It – is Sunday October 27th in Simnasho. It’s a 15 mile team relay run, a 5K Run/Walk and a 1 mile fun run/walk. Registration opens at 7:30am with start time at 8:30. This is a Drug, Alcohol & Tobacco Free Event and there is no cost to participate. In addition to the races there will be a costume contest, haunted house, snacks, water, prizes, & t-shirts for participants while supplies last. For more details talk to Jay Suppah or Jaylyn Suppah.
- It’s the Spooky Indian Night Out and Drummerz Jam Session on Monday October 28th at the Warm Springs Community Center. Get your Clown Dance outfit together for the big contest. There will be a potluck dinner at 5:30 and the Powwow will follow at 6:30. All Drummers, Dancers, Clowns and Community Members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Warm Springs Recreation is hosting a “Spooky Ookie Addams Family Style Kookie Halloween” on October 31st. The Employee Costume Contest is 11:45-12:45 in the Social Hall. The Trunk or Treat is 4-6pm behind the Center. The Halloween Carnival is 6-8:30pm in the Gym.