• The Boil Water Order remains in effect in Warm Springs however the first round of BacT testing was negative. The second round of BacT test samples were delivered to the lab on Wednesday afternoon this week with results expected back early this afternoon.
• Once those results are picked up, the water treatment staff will compile the necessary chlorine residual results to go with the two rounds of BacT testing and send them off to the EPA folks for review and guidance on whether or not the notice can be lifted.
• The Boil Water Notice is in effect until the EPA reviews all the results.
• Drinking water distribution continues at the old Warm Springs Elementary Library 7am – 6pm
• Warm Springs ECE will be closed for children younger than 3 years old as well as for school age youth until the boil water notice has been lifted.
• There is no school today or tomorrow in the Jefferson County 509J school district.
• There is no jury duty Thursday October 31st at Warm Springs Tribal Court.
• There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
• The Senior Wellness Center is having a Halloween Senior Party at lunch at noon today – on the menu: Cubed Pork Roast and baked potato medley. There will be a Costume Contest for Scariest, Most Original, Funniest and Best Dressed Male and Female Costumes.
• Warm Springs Recreation is hosting a “Spooky Ookie Addams Family Style Kookie Halloween” today with the Employee Costume Contest 11:45-12:45 in the Social Hall.
• The Zombie walk at the Community Center will be from12pm to 1pm with T-Shirts for the first 60 participants.
• The Trunk or Treat is 4-6pm behind the Community Center. Families are reminded that the road will be closed – and trick or treaters walk.
• The “Spooky Ookie Addams Family Style Kookie Halloween” Carnival is 6-8:30pm in the Gym at the Warm Springs Community Center.
• There is a Halloween Dance Event at the Jefferson Country Senior Center on Halloween from 5:30-8:30. This is sponsored by the Jefferson County Disability Advisory Committee
• WS Fire Management Presents: HAUNTED WAREHOUSE today in the Forestry Warehouse from 6pm-9pm. Cost is $5 for Ages 13 and older and $3 for 12 and under. Proceeds go towards travel costs for Albert Charlie and Rylan Davis for medical appointments.
Due to below freezing nighttime temperatures an Emergency Warming Shelter will be open again tonight from 7pm until 7am at the old Warm Springs Elementary School. The Shelter will screen individuals to be admitted to sleep at the warming shelter. The shelter staff have the right to refuse services to any individual who is intoxicated, or who may pose a threat to the safety and security of other individuals in the shelter. Capacity for the shelter is estimated at 13 people.
Prevention Services in Warm Springs is offering a great opportunity for youth tomorrow – a no school day. There will be classes for 3rd thru 5th grade students all day on Conscious Discipline, Addiction Awareness, Healthy eating and exercising. Classes for 6th thru High School are on Addiction Awareness, Sex and Healthy relationship education, life skills and conscious discipline. These classes will run 8:15am until 5pm. Students who participate in the classes for their grade level – will be eligible to visit the University of Oregon for a tour and to attend a basketball game. For More information you can contact Prevention at 541-615-0036.
11/7 There is a Food Handler’s Class on Thursday Nov 7th from 2pm-4pm in the Health & Wellness Center Atrium at IHS. If you have any questions contact 541-553-1196.
Work on the Sunnyside Road Grade, Relay & Pedestrian Project continues. Community members are reminded that Sunnyside Drive is closed from Tmsh Street to Salmon Drive. Work is expected to be completed November 8th. If you have questions talk to Ben Bisland 541-553-3207.
There is an Agricultural Seminar November 13th held at Inn at Cross Keys in Madras from 9:30am-2:30pm with lunch provided. This seminar is provided by SAIF, who is Oregon’s not-for-profit workers’ compensation insurance company. On the list of topics are “PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and your respiratory program”, “staying on top of your work”, “Safety leadership for supervisors, trainers and other leaders”, and “Analyze This…!”. For More Information you can visit saif dot com slash ag seminars or call 503-373-8213.
Attention Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs Employees and Enterprise Employees, the Annual Health Benefits meetings will be held November 5th & 6th 2019 at the Community Center Social Hall from 9am – 4pm.
Items are now being collected for the 2020 Warm Springs Point in Time Homeless Survey. You can provide for those in need who are currently experiencing homelessness by contributing useful items that can be dropped with Martha at the Commodities Building or Buffy at the Family Resource Center. https://kwso.org/2019/10/help-the-homeless/