- The Annual Fall book fair at the Warm Springs K thru 8 starts today and continues all next week. It will be open from 7:45am-4pm AND until 7pm on the 13th and 14th during parent/teacher conferences.
- A senior citizen fitness class is held Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants can eat brunch. Today’s meal will be Beef Barley Soup.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- All Veterans and Community Members: You are invited to join Jefferson County Middle School Today for their annual Veteran’s Day Assembly and Parade to Honor those that have served Our Country. Veteran’s, please join us for refreshments after the parade, which starts at 1:30pm
- The Warm Springs temporary warming shelter will be open tonight due to nighttime temperatures forecast to be below 32 degrees. The shelter has new hours 6pm to 8am. The shelter will not be open Saturday, Sunday or Monday with milder temperatures expected. The warming shelter is in the Warm Springs Youth Center in the old Elementary gym building.
- Madras High School Football is in a playoff game Tonight at Rainier High School. KWSO will air a broadcast of the game starting at 7 o’clock!
Class 2 of 2 for the Warm Springs Community Action Team Indianpreneurship Class is tomorrow at the Community Action Team office.
Monday is Veteran’s Day. Federal, State and Tribal offices are all closed. There is no school on Monday in the Jefferson County 509 J district.
In Warm Springs Monday: there will be a Veteran’s Parade starting on campus at 11am, finishing at the Community Center. A meal will be provided at noon followed by presentations and entertainment. Thank you Veterans.
Listen to KWSO this Veteran’s Day for special programming to honor all Veterans.
Monday November 11th is the deadline for COBO registration for Boys and Girls in Grades 5th through 8th. You must register your athlete online at Jefferson County COBO There is a scholarship available up to $150. If you have any questions, call Austin Say @ 541-777-1393
The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) will be holding a public meeting on Tuesday November 12th from 12pm-5:30pm at the Agency Longhouse and Wednesday November 13th from 12pm-6pm at the Greeley Heights Community Building. The topics will be the Highway 26 Warm Springs Safety Corridor Plan, Intersection upgrades and more. Come and Visit with the Representatives from ODOT to have all your questions answered and review Safety Corridor Plans.
Family University presents a Free Personal Financial Course, where professionals in the field of banking will provide an introduction series of classes to help you manage your money and provide answers to money questions. This course will take place at the Jefferson County Middle School in Madras on November 14th and 21st from 6:15pm-7:15pm. To register you can call 541-460-2824/
The Museum at Warm Springs will be holding a Yarn Belt Class with Elder Instructor Neda Wesley, November 19th – 21st from 5:30pm-7pm. Registration is open now with the first 20 students to receive class materials, there is no class limit, all other students will need to supply their own materials. To register contact Tamera Moody @ 541-553-3331 ext. 407.
If you are experiencing issues with your Warm Springs Telecom services – they ask you please call them at 541-615-0555. You must call in for technicians to respond, troubleshoot and resolve your issue.
The IIM or Individual Indian Money office for the Bureau of Indian affairs Warm Springs Agency is closed. If you need assistance – you can call the Trust Beneficiary Center at 888-678-6836 or call Kevin Moore at the Umatilla Agency at 541-278-3786.