KWSO is interested in feedback from listeners on adding NPR newscasts into the Morning Routine. Please visit our website at KWSO dot ORG and click on the survey monkey link to answer 4 questions. It’ll take less than a minute and we appreciate your input. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/85BCKST
Environmental Health & the Sanitation Department will be on their holiday schedule route next week
- If your trash is picked up on Monday or Tuesday, it will be picked up on Monday only.
- If your trash is picked up on Wednesday or Thursday, it will be picked up on Tuesday only.
- If your trash is picked up on Thursday or Friday, it will be picked up on Wednesday only.
Sanitation drivers will be off on Thursday and Friday. Please let friends and family know.
- Tribal Council is in session today, on their agenda is: Secretary/Treasurer Update, an Annual Consultation, December Agenda/Travel delegations and a review of minutes in the morning, in the afternoon House Bill 2625 Missing and murdered Native American women, a legislative update call and Enrollments.
- There is no school in the Jefferson County 509 J district this week for the Thanksgiving Week Break. Warm Springs Head Start will be closed this week for Thanksgiving Break, All other Early Childhood Education programs will be open.
- The Warm Springs Culture & Heritage Department is hosting a Kids Camp for Kindergarten through 8th grade today and tomorrow @ the Culture and heritage building. The camp will focus on language and culture learning with traditional crafts and songs. The camp hours are 8am-5pm, there is no fee to attend and there is a limit of 50 students. You can sign up at the Culture and heritage building.
- There will be a Columbia Jacket Giveaway today through Wednesday at Tribal Social Services. Today and Tomorrow the giveaway starts at 8:30, is closed for lunch and open again at 1pm. On Wednesday the they will be open 8:30 until 11:30. For More information you can call Martha at 541-553-3415.
- Senior fitness class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat brunch after – today they are having Grilled Salmon Sandwich. Other Exercise Opportunities today include Functional Fitness Class at noontime at the Community Center Aerobics Room. Pilates Yoga class is at noon at the Health & Wellness Center. Don’t forget on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 6am there is Early Morning Fusion Fitness class at the Community Center.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Warm Springs Warming Shelter will be open tonight at 6pm. They will look at the weather forecast to decide if they need to offer services beyond this evening.
- There is a Victim Impact Panel tomorrow from 6-7:30pm at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
12/16 The Warm Springs Health and Promotion Prevention Initiative (HAPPI) is coordinating items for distribution in December. The HAPPI Holiday goal is to provide families in need with gifts during the Holiday season. A way you can help is to contribute any unwrapped items for youth up to 18 years of age to the Tribal Admin Building, Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center, Warm Springs Early Childhood Education, Warm Springs Library (Family Resource Center), GROW Program Office @ 103 Wasco Street or KWSO Radio Station. The deadline to turn in donations is Monday December 16th 2019.
HOLIDAYS – In the spirit of the Holidays, full time tribal employees who are present and normally scheduled for a full day of work on Wednesday November 27th, Tuesday December 24th and Tuesday December 31st, are authorized for early shutdown starting at 12pm. The Tribe will be off work for the Thanksgiving Holiday on Thursday and Friday November 28th & 29th, the Christmas Holiday on Wednesday December 25th and the New Year’s Holiday on Wednesday January 1st. Employees with kids at ECE are required to pick them up no later than 12:30pm on each of the early shutdown dates. Early shutdown does not apply to the following departments.; Tribal Police, Corrections, Police dispatch, Fire & Safety Emergency Medical Technicians, Tribal Group Home and Public Utilities Personnel.
Tananáwit: A Community of Warm Springs Artists is now recruiting new members. The fee for basic membership is $25. To learn more – contact Emily Courtney at 541-553-3148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Warm Springs I.H.S. Clinic “same day appointment” phone number is 541-553-2610. Again – for a same day appointment at Warm Springs I.H.S. call 541-553-2610.
Now is the time for students planning to attend college or technical school next fall to start completing the requirements for the Tribal Scholarship. That includes doing a FAFSA for financial assistance. Details are now available at KWSO.org – click on the slide that says Tribal Scholarship.
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. The Census is now hiring. You can learn more online at 2020 census