- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- At the HeHe Longhouse today, there will be a name giving ceremony for Lenora Kim Starr and Tyree Lindy Starr starting at 10am. Family and Friends are welcome and Drummers are requested. Meal will follow the ceremony.
- The 43rd Annual Warm Springs Indian Holiday Bowling Tournament finishes up today with the Holiday Roll Off. There is also a Youth Bowling Tourney for ages 4-18. All kids are invited to participate. The tournament is being held at Lava Lanes in Bend.
- Due to cold temperatures the Warm Springs Warming Shelter will remain open until Monday at 8am. The Shelter is located in the old Elementary School Gym Building. Enter on the side by the basketball court.
You can make an appointment for the Warm Springs I.H.S. Podiatry Clinic by calling 541-553-2610. If you need to be seen right away you can also opt for a Podiatry Nurse Assessment by coming in to the I.H.S. clinic before 3pm
Cascades East Transit provides transportation around Warm Springs and to Madras with Connections to other Central Oregon Towns. You can see their schedule for “Route 20” at kwso.org, click on the community tab and choose transit from the Drop down menu.
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. Everyone should plan on participating so our community has an accurate count of who lives here. The Warm Springs Complete Count Committee encourages your participation in the 2020 census.
Central Oregon Thrive connects individual needs to community resources. They can help with housing, health, employment, social security and more. THRIVE is in Madras on Tuesdays at the Jefferson County Health Department from 10am until 1pm and again from 2-4pm. 30 minute walk in meetings are available – first come, first served
In Warm Springs the GROW Program is available to connect individuals to community resources. You can stop by the GROW program office to talk with Lorien or Isaac – they are located in the trailer on Wasco Street next to Warm Springs CPS.
The HAPPI Holiday Giving project is accepting applications for Youth 18 and younger. You can pick up applications at the Warm Spring Library in the Family Resource Center – which is where you turn the applications in too. Applications are due by December 6th. Also – donations of an unwrapped gift item for a child are being accepted until December 16th.
Mark your calendar for these Christmas HOLIDAY HAPPENINGS
- The annual Recreation Christmas Tree Lighting and Santa Visit is Wednesday December 4th at 6pm at the Warm Springs Community Center.
- The annual Recreation Christmas Lights Parade is Wednesday December 11th at 6pm
- The Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy Family Craft Night is Thursday December 12th from 5-7pm.
- The Warm Springs Recreation Christmas Bazaar is Saturday December 14th from 10am – 4pm at the Community Center.
- Indian Night Out is Monday December 16th at the Warm Springs Community Center
- Recreation’s Last Minute Christmas Bazaar is at the Community Center on Wednesday December 18th – 10am until 4pm.