KWSO is interested in feedback from listeners on adding NPR newscasts into the Morning Routine. Please visit our website at KWSO.ORG and click on the survey monkey link to answer 4 questions. It’ll take less than a minute and we appreciate your input.
- The Warm Springs Community Action team is hosting more of their Financial Skills for Families classes today and tomorrow between 9 and 4 at the Agency Longhouse. The class is a requirement for Oregon IDA initiative clients. There is also a chance to participate in the Vital Tribal Economies Survey.
- There is a Food Handler’s Class Today at 10am in the Health & Wellness Center Atrium.
- Fitness Classes today include Functional Fitness during the noon hour in the Community Center Social Hall and Insanity Class in the Aerobics Room. Anyone interested in working with a Personal Trainer call Jennifer Robbins at 541-553-3589.
- The Senior Wellness Program is having their Thanksgiving Senior lunch at noon today at the Senior Center. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- Warm Springs K thru 8 Boys Basketball is hosting Crook County today at 3:30pm
- Early Childhood Education is having Family Night “Thankful Thursday” tonight starting at 5:30pm.
- The Warm Springs Warming Shelter will be open tonight at 6pm. They expect to operate through next Monday evening when they will re-evaluate the weather forecast.
- The Warm Springs Dental Department will be closed for all services tomorrow for installation of new dental Equipment.
- Tomorrow is the last day you can enroll for your supplemental insurance as an employee of the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs. You can enroll online at https://wstribes.ease.com Contact Human Resources for your username and password.
- If you have the Tribes Group Health Insurance through Health Comp, you are required to fill out an “Other Insurance” Questionnaire. A form should have been emailed to you. Please complete it and return it via email to Carol.firstname.lastname@example.org They need to be turned in by the end of today.
- Native Hip Hop Performer Supaman will be at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy tomorrow. There will be 2 student assemblies and then a Community Presentation at 4pm.
This Saturday there is going to be a Meth and Opiate work group starting at 10am at the Greeley Heights Community Building. The work group is for anyone that has lost a loved one to suicide.
There is going to be a Columbia Jacket Giveaway starting Monday November 25th and ending on Wednesday November 27th at Tribal Social Services. On the 25th and 26th, they will be open at 8:30, closed for lunch and open again at 1pm. On Wednesday the 27th they will open at 8:30 and close at 11:30am. For More information you can call Martha at 541-553-3415.
There is no school in the Jefferson County 509 J district next week for the Thanksgiving Week Break. Warm Springs Head Start will also be closed next week for Thanksgiving Break, All other Early Childhood Education programs will be open.
The Madras High School Girls basketball team is currently holding a fundraiser that will end on December 2nd. They have catalogues to view at the High School or you can visit their online store at www.fancloth.shop/P8VEV Every item that is purchased through this fan store earns the program money and you can expect your items to be delivered around Christmas/New Years. If you have any questions about the fan shop, you can contact Jerin Say at 541-777-7904.
Students in need of school supplies can pick some up at the Warm Springs Library in the Family Resource Center. Basic supplies are available to students during the library’s regular business hours.
You can make an appointment for the Warm Springs I.H.S. Podiatry Clinic by calling 541-553-2610. If you need to be seen right away you can also opt for a Podiatry Nurse Assessment by coming in to the I.H.S. clinic before 3pm
Cascades East Transit provides transportation around Warm Springs and to Madras with Connections to other Central Oregon Towns. You can see their schedule for “Route 20” at kwso.org, click on the community tab and choose transit from the Drop down menu.
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. The U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting thousands of people across the country to assist with the 2020 Census count. You can learn more by calling 1-855-JOB-2020