- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon will be at the Community Action team office today from 10am – 12pm. Walk Ins are welcome or you may arrange an appointment by calling 1-800-546-0534 or 503-223-9483.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is Vegetable Turkey Soup. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Central Oregon Thrive connects individual needs to community resources. They can help with housing, health, employment, social security and more. THRIVE is in Madras on Tuesdays at the Jefferson County Health Department from 10am until 1pm and again from 2-4pm. 30 minute walk in meetings are available – first come, first served
- In Warm Springs the GROW Program is available to connect individuals to community resources. You can stop by the GROW program office to talk with Lorien or Isaac – they are located in the trailer on Wasco Street next to Warm Springs CPS.
- Warm Springs Recreation Exercise Classes today: Insanity is a body weight boot camp style workout including cardio and strength is in the Community Center Aerobics room at 12:10. Functional Fitness focuses on functional movement, cardio, weights, core and more will be at the Community Center in the social hall starting at 12:10pm.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
- The Project Zero challenge starts tomorrow in an effort to help you maintain and not gain weight over the holidays. Weigh-ins are tomorrow at the Community Center from 8-11:30 and 1-4:30 at the Health & Wellness Center. For More Information call Kacey or Jennifer at 541-553-2460.
- Warm Springs Recreation will have their Tree lighting and Santa Visit tomorrow starting at 6pm at the Community Center. Light refreshments will be served in the social hall. For More information call 541-553-3243.
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. The U.S. Census counts all residents in the United States every 10 years. The Warm Springs Complete Count Committee encourages everyone to be counted.
The Central Oregon Disability Support Network in collaboration with Redmond Cinema is hosting a sensory friendly opportunity to see Frozen 2 on Saturday December 7th starting at 9:30am. This is a special opportunity for families to enjoy a first run, feature film in a safe and accepting environment. The Movie will start promptly at 9:30am and won’t show previews or advertisements. Tickets are available at the theater for $7 per child ages 11 and under and $8 for ages 12 and up.
The Happi Holiday Giving project is accepting applications for Youth 18 and younger. You can pick up applications at the Warm Spring Library in the Family Resource Center – which is where you turn the applications in too. Applications are due by December 6th. Also – donations of an unwrapped gift item for a child are being accepted until December 16th.
A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be in Warm Springs at the Warm Springs Senior Center on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
Students in need of school supplies can pick some up at the Warm Springs Library in the Family Resource Center. Basic supplies are available to students during the library’s regular business hours.
Cascades East Transit provides transportation around Warm Springs and to Madras with Connections to other Central Oregon Towns. You can see their schedule for “Route 20” at KWSO.org, click on the community tab and choose transit from the Drop down menu.