Community Calendar for Sunday July 28, 2019
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- There is still a Boil Water Order for the Warm Springs Agency Water System and that is expected to last at least for a couple more weeks. Drinking Water Distribution is this weekend at the old Elementary School library from 10am – 3pm.
- Here is what is on the Tribal Council agenda tomorrow: the June financial overview, draft resolutions, a legislative update call and board appointments.
The Family Jamboree Day in Warm Springs will be held on August 15th from 3-7pm. There will be family fun activities plus a talent show hosted by Blue Flamez, jumping houses, rock climbing, music and new this year – an outdoor market and food vendors. If you are interested in being a vendor contact Emily Courtney at the Community Action Team office.
Warm Springs Sanitation reminds residents to bring your garbage totes to the road on your scheduled pick up days. And, remember that totes are for garbage only – no yard debris or grass clippings.
The city of Culver is seeking vendors for the Culver Crawdad Festival being held August 17. Call 541-546-6494 for more information.
The Warm Springs Library is having a summer reading program for youth 18 and younger. For every book you read, fill out a book slip from the library and put it in the drop box there for a chance to win prizes. The more book slips you turn in the better chance of winning. There will also be prizes for kids who turn in the most book slips. So, get in as many as you can by Friday, August 30th.
Tribal youth, ages 14-18, are encouraged to apply to participate in two outdoor experiences in August – a backpacking course August 26-28 on the Warm Springs Reservation or a Deschutes Rafting Course August 26-30. There is a community gathering planned for all participants on August 25th. There is no cost to tribal youth participants, and registration is due August 16th. For more information on the registration process, contact TJ Foltz at 541-615-0142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.
Registration for youth soccer through the Madras Aquatic Center Recreation District is open through August 12th for kids ages 4 to 14. You can register online at www.macrecdistrict.com.