Community Calendar for Friday February 1, 2019
- The Sweetheart Sale is going on today from 10-4:00 in the Community Center social hall.
- Warm Springs Head Start and Early Head Start will be at the Sweetheart Sale with games, healthy Valentine snacks and info about getting kids enrolled in Head Start.
- The Lincoln’s Powwow Committee will be doing a fundraiser during the Sweetheart Sale
- And, KWSO will also be doing a fundraiser there today.
- A senior citizen fitness class is held Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants can eat brunch. Today’s meal will be chicken cauliflower soup, crackers, and cottage cheese with peaches.
- Wellness of Warm Springs is having a winter soup kitchen today at noon at the Family Resource Center conference room. Everyone is welcome.
- There is noon hoops today at the gym. There’s also Functional Fitness class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room; and PIYO class at 12:10 in the clinic atrium.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School Basketball tonight when the boys and girls host Corbett. Tipoff is at for the girls is at 5:30 and the boys at 7. You can hear the broadcasts on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the Tune In Radio app.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show “The Longest Yard (the 1974 version),” rated R, for its movie this evening. It will start at 7:30 at the Rodriguez Annex next to the Library in Madras. It is free to watch, and refreshments are available.
- A stonesetting for Emery Ross Yallup will be held at 9am at Simnasho Cemetery tomorrow. Memorial services will follow at Simnasho Longhouse. The Lincoln’s Powwow Committee will have memorial releases and open the longhouse floor.
A Pathways Home Native Home Ownership Course will start up on February 5th. It will be held on Tuesday evenings from 5:30-7:30 at the Tribal Credit Enterprise for 7 weeks. This course is required for anyone in the IDA Program for home ownership. Anyone interested may attend to learn about financing, purchasing and maintaining a home.
The Simnasho District meeting to update district members on Kah-nee-ta will take place February 5 at the Simnasho Longhouse. Dinner will start at 6pm with the meeting at 7pm.
The Justice Team is hosting another community input meeting seeking input on the draft resolution on mandatory sentencing for drug related cases. It is Tuesday February 5 at 6pm in the Community Center social hall.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team’s AARP Tax Aide is taking appointments for free tax preparation and filing. Appointments will be for Tuesdays and Thursdays from February 5 through April 12. Call 541-553-3148 to reserve a time.
The Warm Springs Tribal Council Election will take place on April 4th. All candidates are invited to submit a written statement and photo to the Spilyay Tymoo for its upcoming Candidate’s Edition. Drop them off at the Media Center or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are also asked to take part in interviews for KWSO’s Candidates Programs that will begin airing in March. Contact Brutis Baez or Liz Smith at KWSO to schedule an interview.