Community Calendar for Monday January 21, 2019
- Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day – a federal holiday and a national day of service. The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs is open. There is no school today. The I H S Clinic is closed, but the tribal departments at the clinic are open.
- Tribal Council will meet today. On the morning agenda are updates from the Secretary-Treasurer and Chief Operations Officer, the February agenda and travel delegations, minutes review and draft resolutions. This afternoon will be a legislative update call and enrollments.
- Community members are invited to take part in the Shitike Creek Clean Up today from 10am to 4pm. Meet at Elmer Quinn Park. It’s happening rain or shine so be sure to dress for the weather.
- Senior fitness class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat brunch after – today they are having 1/21 macaroni soup, whole wheat dinner rolls and fruit.
- Today’s Warm Springs Fitness activities include: noon hoops at the gym; Functional Fitness class at 12:10 in the aerobics room; and Women’s open gym this evening from 6-7:50. Today’s PIYO class is cancelled.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- Today at the Behavioral Health Center: There is a Women’s Talking Circle at 2:00, an Adolescent Substance Abuse Education Class at 4 and Aftercare at 5:30.
- There is a Fish & Wildlife Committee meeting this afternoon from 3-5:00 in conference room 3 at the Tribal Administration Building. The Education Committee will meet from 5-7 in the Emergency Preparedness Building.
- Warm Springs Ski Day at Mt Hood Meadows is this Friday – a no school day. Sign up by emailing email@example.com, stop by the Media Center or call 541-553-1968. Required forms are available at KWSO or you can download here. Today is the deadline to sign up and have forms completed and returned.
- Aglow Bible Study is this evening at High Lookee Lodge from 6:15-7:30. Everyone is welcome.
- Warm Springs K-8 6th, 7th and 8th graders are invited to get involved in the Iron Chef Cooking Club. The first meeting is tomorrow and it will run through February 7 after school on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-5:30 in the Nutrition Kitchen. Kids will learn about cooking and nutrition and compete in the regional Iron Chef competition. They still need several more participants for the Warm Springs club. Contact Katie Boyle to sign students up – 541-475-0388 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The January 22nd Victim Impact Panel in Warm Springs has been cancelled. The next panel will be on February 26th.
- There will be a Simnasho District meeting to update district members on Kah-nee-ta tomorrow at the Simnasho Longhouse. Dinner will start at 6pm with the meeting at 7pm.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School Basketball Tuesday when the girls host Gladstone. Tipoff is at 7. You can hear the broadcast on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and by using the TuneIn Radio app.
- The Bend and Redmond COCC campuses are hosting “Scholarship Day,” from 1-3 pm on Wednesday to help current and prospective students with financial aid options. The Bend campus event is at the Coats Campus Center; the Redmond campus event is held in Building 1, Room 128. Both are open to the public-no registration is required. Workshops start each hour on the hour.
A Pathways Home Native Home Ownership Course will start up on February 5th. The course is required for anyone in the IDA Program for home ownership. Anyone interested may attend to learn about financing, purchasing and maintaining a home. Call 553-3148 to sign up.
The Recreation Department’s Sweetheart Sale is on February 1st at the Community Center. They will take the first 20 vendors – call the Rec office to sign up.
The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs is accepting applications for several Board and Commission vacancies. Notices for each can be downloaded here. The deadline is February 1.