Community Calendar for Tuesday January 22, 2019
Funeral Arrangements for Alfred Lewis Wolfe.
Leave Agency Longhouse at 7am this morning (1/22) for 8am burial at Wolfe Point cemetery.
Funeral Arrangements for William Carl Moses Kalama
Burial this morning (1/22) at 9am at the Kalama Cemetery
- Warm Springs K-8 6th, 7th and 8th graders are invited to get involved in the Iron Chef Cooking Club. The first meeting is after school today 4-5:30 in the Nutrition Kitchen. It will meet Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays for the next 3 weeks. Kids will learn about cooking and nutrition and compete in the regional Iron Chef competition. They still need several more participants for the Warm Springs club. Contact Katie Boyle to sign students up – 541-475-0388 or email@example.com.
- Tribal Council has cancelled its meetings for today.
- Today’s Victim Impact Panel in Warm Springs has been cancelled. The next panel will be on February 26th.
- Warm Springs fitness activities today are: Functional Fitness Class at 12:10 in the Community Center social hall; Volleyball at noon in the gym; and men’s open gym tonight from 6:30-8:50. Today’s Insanity class is canceled.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is mushroom stuffed chicken, season pasta, broccoli and canned fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Madras High School Boys JV & Varsity Basketball play at Gladstone High School today; Wrestlers compete in Sisters; and Girls Freshman, JV & Varsity basketball host Gladstone. Listen to KWSO for the varsity girls game. Tip off is at 7. You can hear the broadcast on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the TuneIn Radio app.
- The Simnasho District meeting scheduled for this evening has been postponed until February 5th.
- The Jefferson County Library will have a free Family Craft Night this evening at 6:00 at the Rodriguez Annex. It’s open to all ages.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- The Madras City Council will meet at 7:00 this evening at City Hall.
- The Bend and Redmond COCC campuses are hosting “Scholarship Day,” from 1-3 pm tomorrow to help current and prospective students with financial aid options. The Bend campus event is at the Coats Campus Center; the Redmond campus event is held in Building 1, Room 128. Both are open to the public-no registration is required. Workshops start each hour on the hour.
- Warm Springs K8 Girls Basketball will have home games vs. Elton Gregory tomorrow starting at 3:30. Wrestling will compete at a meet at JCMS at 3:30.
- The Range Committee meets on Thursday from 9am to noon in conference room 3 at the Tribal Administration Building.
- The 2019 Point-In-Time homeless count in Warm Springs will be done Thursday from 9am to 7pm at the Family Resource Center. Homeless can mean living on the streets, doubling up, staying in hotels, shelters, camp trailers, tents or vehicles, temporarily staying with family or friends, being a runaway or fleeing domestic violence. There will be some small cold weather and other incentives for those who participate in the count, as well as information, free clothing, a light meal at noon and snacks throughout the day. Please spread the word to folks you know who are currently homeless.
The High Desert Museum in Bend is offering free admission to furloughed federal employees and their immediate family members for the duration of the government shutdown. Bring a form of government ID or a badge to show at the admissions desk. The Museum is open 10am to 4pm daily.
The Museum at Warm Springs is inviting tribal youth artists to submit their work for the 26th Annual Tribal Youth Art Exhibit. The deadline will be February 1 at 5pm. An opening reception is planned for the evening of February 7. For more information, contact Natalie Kirk at the Museum.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team’s AARP Tax Aide is taking appointments for free tax preparation and filing. Appointments will be for Tuesdays and Thursdays from February 5 through April 12. Call 541-553-3148 to reserve a time.