Community Calendar for Wednesday January 30, 2019
- Behavioral Health Center staff are out for training today. All groups are cancelled. They will resume tomorrow.
- There is Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: salsa chicken with black bean & corn served over brown rice and dessert.
- There is basketball at noon today at the Community Center gym; Functional Fitness Class is at 12:10 in the aerobics room; and there’s women’s open gym tonight at 6:00. PIYO Class today has been cancelled.
- Warm Springs K-8 Girls Basketball teams have games at JCMS today starting at 3:30.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Academy will have the “I Heart Literacy” night tomorrow. Dinner will be served from 5-6pm and the activities are from 5 to 7.
- The Sweetheart Sale is this Friday from 10-4:00 in the Community Center social hall.
- This Friday is the deadline to apply for Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs Board and Commission vacancies. Notices for each can be downloaded from the Tribes’ website Warm Springs dash N S N dot GOV.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School Basketball Friday when the boys and girls host Corbett. Tipoff is at for the girls is at 5:30 and the boys at 7. You can hear the broadcasts on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the TuneIn Radio app.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show “The Longest Yard (the 1974 version),” rated R, for its Friday night movie. It will start at 7:30 at the Rodriguez Annex next to the Library in Madras. It is free to watch, and refreshments are available.
A stonesetting for Emery Ross Yallup will be held at 9am at Simnasho Cemetery on Saturday. Memorial services will follow at Simnasho Longhouse. The Lincoln’s Powwow Committee will have memorial releases and open the longhouse floor.
A Pathways Home Native Home Ownership Course will start up on February 5th. It will be held on Tuesday evenings from 5:30-7:30 at the Tribal Credit Enterprise for 7 weeks. This course is required for anyone in the IDA Program for home ownership. Anyone interested may attend to learn about financing, purchasing and maintaining a home.
The Simnasho District meeting to update district members on Kah-nee-ta has been rescheduled for February 5 at the Simnasho Longhouse. Dinner will start at 6pm with the meeting at 7pm.
The Justice Team is hosting another community input meeting seeking input on the draft resolution on mandatory sentencing for drug related cases. It is February 5 at 6pm in the Community Center social hall.
A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate comes to Warm Springs on the third Wednesday of every month at the Victims of Crime Services office located at 1108 Wasco Street. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team’s AARP Tax Aide is taking appointments for free tax preparation and filing. Appointments will be for Tuesdays and Thursdays from February 5 through April 12. Call 541-553-3148 to reserve a time.