Community Calendar for Friday February 22, 2019
- Senator Ron Wyden will hold his Jefferson County Town Hall in Madras this morning at 10:30 in the Performing Arts Center.
- A senior citizen fitness class is held Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants can eat brunch. Today’s meal will be Shepard’s pie, dinner rolls and fresh fruit.
- There is noon hoops today at the gym. There’s also Functional Fitness class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room; and PIYO class at 12:10 in the clinic atrium.
- There’s a Heart Health Walk today at noon at the Health and Wellness Center walking path.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Early Head Start Group Socialization time is today from 1-3:00 at the Library.
- There’s a FAFSA Workshop today at Madras COCC, Room 120 from 2-3pm.
- The Warm Springs Cougars 3rd-4th Grade Co-ed and 15 & Under Basketball Tourney is this weekend at the Community Center.
- The Jefferson County Historical Society is sponsoring the History Pub at the Rodriguez Annex today at 5:30 and it’s free to attend. The speaker is Tony Ahern and his topic is “The Madras Pioneer…Its Past Present & Future.”
- The 24th Annual Eagle Watch is this weekend at Round Butte Overlook Park. The free two-day celebration runs 10am to 4pm Saturday and 10am to 3:30pm Sunday. On Saturday visitors can take pictures with event sponsor mascots, build bluebird houses, meet a live great horned owl and view wild eagles. Sunday’s activities include bird feeder building, wild eagle watching and tribal drumming and dancing at 2pm by the Quartz Creek drummers and dancers. A free hotdog lunch will be served both days. There will also be a daily silent auction and raffle, and a fry bread sale.
- Caldera’s 2019 Open Studios featuring its Artists in Residence and students is tomorrow from 12:30-3:30pm. Artist will share their work with the public. Admission is free and light refreshments will be served. The Caldera Arts Center address is 31500 Blue Lake Drive in Sisters. Jefferson Greene from Warm Springs is one of the featured artists. There will be one more Open Studio on and March 23.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team is hosting two more Tribal Council Candidates’ Forums on Economic Development Issues. The Seekseequa Simnasho District Forum will be on Tuesday, February 26th at Seekseequa Fire Hall. The Agency District Forum is on Wednesday, February 27th. Dinners will be provided at 5:30 and the forums are from 6:30-9:30.
The Sweetheart Baby Fair is Wednesday February 27 from 5-7pm at the Community Center. There’s a light dinner at 5 and activities for kids 5 and under. There will be a crawler race, a regalia fashion show, helpful information, door prizes and much more.