Community Calendar for Saturday February 23, 2019
- The 24th Annual Eagle Watch is today and tomorrow at Round Butte Overlook Park. The free two-day celebration runs 10am to 4pm today and 10am to 3:30pm Sunday. Today visitors can take pictures with event sponsor mascots, build bluebird houses, meet a live great horned owl and view wild eagles. Sunday’s activities include bird feeder building, wild eagle watching and tribal drumming and dancing at 2pm by the Quartz Creek drummers and dancers. A free hotdog lunch will be served both days. There will also be a daily silent auction and raffle, and a fry bread sale.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Caldera’s 2019 Open Studios featuring its Artists in Residence and students is today from 12:30-3:30pm. Artist will share their work with the public. Admission is free and light refreshments will be served. The Caldera Arts Center address is 31500 Blue Lake Drive in Sisters. Jefferson Greene from Warm Springs is one of the featured artists. There will be one more Open Studio on and March 23.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act office in Warm Springs is offering drop-in services where you can get individual help with employment services such as filing for unemployment, resumes & cover letters, help with job applications and more. The WIOA office is located in the Education Building, top floor. No appointments are needed, stop by Monday between 9am and 4pm, they are closed for lunch at noon.
The Jefferson County Winter Shelter is located at the Madras Free Methodist Church from 6pm to 7am on especially cold nights. Call 541-325-2478 to find out if the shelter will be open.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team’s AARP Tax Aide is doing free tax preparation and filing on Tuesdays and Thursdays but you must make an appointment. Call 541-553-3148 or stop by the CAT office on campus to reserve a time.
Tananawit – A Community of Warm Springs Artists are having a fundraising can drive until March 15th. Any donations can be brought the Community Action Team office on campus.
The Central Oregon Photo Voice Project is looking for Warm Springs youth to participate. The Photo Voice Project uses pictures to tell a story and communicate the impact of nicotine use in their community. For more information call or text Katie at 541-233-9177.