- The Warm Springs Youth Wellness Program at the Youth Center gym is open for youth today. There’s a lacrosse camp at 9am and other activities today. The Color run for is rescheduled to this afternoon @ 4pm. The Gym will be closing at 4 pm on Friday to set up for the round dance.
- There is a free workshop to learn about staying positive while job searching today at 10am in the Computer Lab located on the top floor of the Education Building. Call 553-3324 for more details.
- At 10:45 this morning, there is Senior Fitness Class at the Senior Center. After class a meal will be provided to participants. Today’s menu is: meatloaf, mashed potatoes and asparagus.
- Today during the noon hour there is Functional Fitness class at the Community Center. Pi-Yo class is cancelled.
- There is a Job Information event for Teens today from 1-3pm at the Greeley Heights Community Building. It will cover topics about applying, prepping for interviews and being a successful employee.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Computer Lab Assistance is available today at the Education Building from 1-4pm. There is no appointment needed. You can get practice using a computer, Word or Excel projects, and online job searches. There are tutorials available and staff will be there for assistance.
- Today is the deadline for Warm Springs Nation Little League – baseball, softball and t-ball – registrations 8am to 4:30pm at the Community Center up until March 29th. Practices begin April 1st.
- The Healing Our Spirits and Land Round Dance is at the Warm Springs Community Center tonight and tomorrow night. There will be a pipe ceremony today at 5:30 with the Round dance starting at 7 both Nights. All singers are welcome.
- The 2019 Simnasho Longhouse Root Feast will be Sunday April 7th starting at 9am. Waashat services will be held tomorrow starting at 10 at the Simnasho Longhouse followed by memorials and giveaways.
- The Madras VFW Post 12141 and its Auxiliary invites all people, veterans and non-veterans, to a free “Welcome Home Veterans” spaghetti dinner and events tomorrow from 4-8pm at the Erickson Aircraft Collection in Madras. There will be dinner from 5-6:30 and entertainment, raffles, auctions, kid friendly games and patriotic merchandise for sale. Donations are appreciated.
Spring Term GED class starts next Monday and will run through June 13th at the Warm Springs Education Center which is located in the old boys dorm. Anyone interested MUST attend class next week to register. It’s mandatory to attend one orientation for math and one for communication to register. Essentials of Communication class is Mondays and Wednesday 1-4pm and Essententials of Math class is Tuesdays and Thursday from 1-4pm.
The Warm Springs Baptist Church is hosting a revival Monday thru Friday next week starting at 6:30 each evening and featuring Cherokee Evangelist Gary Leach. All are invited.
There will be a Student Summer Work Program for high school students and college students in Warm Springs. Applications need to be submitted to the Work Experience Development Department at Education Building. Native American students ages 14-24, who are enrolled in traditional and alternative high school are eligible – the deadline is May 23rd. College students of any age may apply and they have until June 27th. Contact the WEDD office at 541-553-3324 for details.
Tribal Council Election Day is Thursday April 4th. Voting is from 8am until 8pm at the Community Center, the Seekseequa Fire Hall and the Simnasho Longhouse. 8 individuals will be voted in to serve on the 28th Tribal Council. You can hear the Agency Candidates tomorrow morning at 6am followed by the Simnasho candidates at 7am and Seekseequa at 7:30. You can also hear the candidates online at KWSO dot org.