- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- The Madras VFW Post 12141 and its Auxiliary invites all people, veterans and non-veterans, to a free “Welcome Home Veterans” spaghetti dinner and events today from 4-8pm at the Erickson Aircraft Collection in Madras. There will be dinner from 5-6:30 and entertainment, raffles, auctions, kid friendly games and patriotic merchandise for sale. Donations are appreciated.
- The Healing Our Spirits and Land Round Dance is tonight at the Warm Springs Community Center starting at 7. All are welcome.
The Jefferson County Historical Society is having their annual fundraiser next Saturday starting with a social hour at 5 and dinner at 6. Tickets need to be reserved by this Monday and the cost is $45 per guest. There will be musical entertainment, exhibits, quizzes and games. Former Museum at Warm Springs Director Carol Leone is the featured speaker. Trip Tip Beef or Stuffed Chicken are on the menu. Call 541-777-0778 to reserve tickets and learn more.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- The Warm Springs Native Aspirations Prevention Coalition will hold its monthly meeting on Monday at noon at the Emergency Management Building.
Madras Skills USA 2nd annual community Talent show will be held at the Madras Performing Arts Center this Tuesday and Wednesday April 2nd and 3rd at 7pm. Skills USA is an organization that helps develop student personal, workplace and technical skills grounded in academics.
This year’s Jefferson County Community Read is “Birding Without Borders” by Noah Strycker. It is a non-fiction book about the author’s travel around the world documenting thousands of species of birds. Art Adventure Gallery will once again feature an exhibit with artwork inspired by the Community Read selection. Artists in all mediums are welcome. Applications are available at the gallery and online at Art Adventure Gallery dot com. Artwork is due April 26th.
The 8th Annual Hands Around the Courthouse will be held on April 10th at 11am. Everyone is invited to join in the event taking a stand against Sexual Assault. Meet in front o f the Tribal Courthouse.
The Johnson O’Malley Committee will cover costs for caps, gowns and tassels for graduates. Pick up J.O.M. Request Forms from Carroll Dick at the Old Boys’ Dorm. J.O.M. Committee is also able to help with an allowance for spring sports – elementary through high school. The deadline to submit a request is April 11th.
Through a partnership with East Cascades Works, Worksource Oregon and COCC – Warm Springs GED received a Grant called the Warm Spring Future Ready Oregon Grant will pay for eligible 2019 Spring Quarter GED students, fees, textbooks, test vouchers, test fees, and incentive payments of $25,00 per week for attendance. Students must be co-enrolled with Warm Springs Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act office and Worksource Oregon, and have 100% attendance in all enrolled classes to maintain eligibility for incentive payments. To enroll contact Melinda Poitra at the education Building Room 307 or call 541-553-3324
Spring Term GED class starts this coming week and will run through June 13th at the Warm Springs Education Center which is located in the old boys dorm. Anyone interested MUST attend class next week to register. It’s mandatory to attend one orientation for math and one for communication to register. Essentials of Communication class is Mondays and Wednesday 1-4pm and Essententials of Math class is Tuesdays and Thursday from 1-4pm.
Warm Springs Tribal Council Election Day is Thursday April 4th. Voting will take place from 8am until 8pm at the Community Center. You can also hear the Candidates ONLINE