Community Calendar for Friday March 8, 2019
- It is Crazy Hair Day at Warm Springs Head Start for the last day of Dr. Seuss Spirit Week.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Academy is celebrating its awesome Classified Staff today and showing their appreciation for these Super Heroes by wearing their favorite superhero clothes today – no masks or toy weapons please.
- There is a free workshop to learn about the basics of online job searching this morning at 10am in the Computer Lab located on the top floor of the Education Building. Call 553-3324 for more details.
- At 10:45 this morning, there is Senior Fitness Class at the Senior Center. After class a meal will be provided to participants. Today’s menu is: tortilla soup, Tex-Mex salad and oranges.
- There is an Early Head Start Group Socialization today from 11am to 1pm in room C3 at ECE.
- Today during the noon hour there is Functional Fitness class at the Community Center and Pi-Yo class in the clinic atrium.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Computer Lab Assistance is available today at the Education Building from 1-4pm. There is no appointment needed. You can get practice using a computer, Word or Excel projects, and online job searches. There are tutorials available and staff will be there for assistance.
- The Jefferson County Library Community Film Center’s Friday night movie will be “Chasing Ice.” It will be shown at 7:30 in the Rodriguez Annex.
- Daylight Saving Time begins this Sunday so remember to set your clocks ahead one hour before you go to bed Saturday night.
The Museum at Warm Springs will host a free Corn Husk Bag class taught by Kelli Palmer beginning March 12 at 5:30pm. Some weaving experience is preferred but not required and it is open to the first 15 people who sign up. Contact Tamera Moody at the Museum to sign up.
Reburial services will be held Saturday March 16th for ancestral remains returning to the Columbia River from New Zealand. Services will begin at 10am at Wishxam Cemetery in Dallesport, Washington. A meal will follow at the Celilo Longhouse.
2019 Warm Springs Nation Little League – baseball, softball and t-ball – registrations are being taken weekdays from 8am to 4:30pm at the Community Center. Baseball and softball tryouts will be March 19-21 and practices begin April 1st. Coaches and umpires need to complete forms and background checks. FMI: 541-325-3856.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team’s AARP Tax Aide is doing free tax preparation and filing by appointment. Call 541-553-3148 or stop by the CAT office on campus to reserve a time.