Community Calendar for Thursday March 7, 2019
- The Senior Wellness Center is having a breakfast this morning at the Senior Center.
- It is Opposites Day at Warm Springs Head Start today, where they are celebrating Dr. Seuss Spirit Week. Tomorrow will be Crazy Hair Day.
- There is Functional Fitness class today at noon in the Community Center Social Hall and Insanity class at noon in the aerobics room.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from noon-1:00 at the Museum. Bring your own lunch.
- There is a Head Start Graduation Meeting today at 2:30 at ECE.
- There’s a Fish & Wildlife Committee meeting today from 3-5pm in conference room 3 at the Administration Building.
- There is social dance class today at 4:00 in the Community Center aerobics room.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Academy has been celebrating its very special Classified Staff for their “You Are Our Superheroes” appreciation week and tomorrow the students are being asked to wear their favorite superhero clothes – no masks or toy weapons please.
- There is a free workshop to learn about the basics of online job searching tomorrow at 10am in the Computer Lab located on the top floor of the Education Building. Call 553-3324 for more details.
- Computer Lab Assistance is available tomorrow at the Education Building from 1-4pm. There is no appointment needed. You can get practice using a computer, Word or Excel projects, and online job searches. There are tutorials available and staff will be there for assistance.
- The Jefferson County Library Community Film Center’s Friday night movie will be “Chasing Ice.” It will be shown at 7:30 in the Rodriguez Annex.
Warm Springs Higher Education reminds students who plan to apply for the Tribal Scholarship that the Tribal Scholarship Early Bird deadline is May 1st – students who turn in application packets by this date will be eligible for certain school supplies. The regular deadline is July 1st. Talk to Carroll at the Higher Ed office for more information.
The referendum on enrollment for Warm Springs Tribal Members from is next Friday March 15th. The referendum question asks Tribal voters to add the 1980 census to the list of baseline census years for determining the Confederated Tribes blood quantum.
Tananawit – A Community of Warm Springs Artists are having a fundraising can drive until March 15th. Any donations can be brought the Community Action Team office on campus.
The Miss Warm Springs Pageant is on March 27th at 6pm at the Agency Longhouse. Persons who want to run for the Miss Warm Springs title should submit applications by 5pm on March 22nd to be eligible. Applications and letters of recommendation can be downloaded from the tribal website. For more information contact Nor Sampson at email@example.com.