Community Calendar for Saturday March 9, 2019
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Daylight Saving Time begins on Sunday. Remember to set your clocks an hour ahead before you go to bed tonight.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- The Warm Springs Native Aspirations Prevention Coalition will hold its monthly meeting on Monday at noon at the Emergency Management Building.
- COCC’s First Nations Student Union invites the community to the documentary film screening of “Fractured Land” at the Madras COCC campus Monday from noon to 2pm. A light lunch will be provided. The film follows one man’s fight against destructive fracking operations in British Columbia. It is free and open to the public.
There is still time for Tribal Council Candidates, who have not done an interview with KWSO, to do so. Please stop by or call KWSO at 541-553-1968 and schedule an appointment with either Liz or Bigg B. We are airing interviews in our special Tribal Council Election program now through April 3rd. Tribal Council Election Day is April 4th.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team’s AARP Tax Aide is doing free tax preparation and filing by appointment only. Call 541-553-3148 or stop by the CAT office on campus to reserve a time.
Art Adventure Gallery will feature artists who live in and around Jefferson County in April. Artists may submit up to 4 pieces in any medium. Click HERE to download an application. Work can be dropped off the last week of March. The exhibit will open April 4th.
The Jefferson County School District 509-J has two positions opening for its Board of Directors. Anyone interested in running for Positions #4 and #5 in the May 21st vote-by-mail Special Election must file a declaration of candidacy or petition for nomination for office with the Elections Department of Jefferson County no later than 5pm on March 21st. The forms are available at the County Clerk’s office in Madras and online on the Jefferson County website or Secretary of State’s website.
2019 Warm Springs Nation Little League – baseball, softball and t-ball – registrations are being taken weekdays from 8am to 4:30pm at the Community Center. Baseball and softball tryouts will be March 19-21 and practices begin April 1st. Coaches and umpires need to complete forms and background checks. FMI: 541-325-3856.