Community Calendar for Sunday March 10, 2019
- Daylight Saving Time began this morning – did you remember to set your clocks one hour ahead?
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Tomorrow is a regular late start Monday for 509J schools.
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act office in Warm Springs is offering drop-in services where you can get individual help with employment services such as filing for unemployment, resumes & cover letters, help with job applications and more. The WIOA office is located in the Education Building, top floor. No appointments are needed, stop by tomorrow between 9am and 4pm, they are closed for lunch at noon.
- Tomorrow in Tribal Council they will review minutes and resolutions, get updates from Tribal Attorneys and hear a presentation on Census 2020. After lunch will be the IRMP 3, and update on the UAS from Ventures, an update on the Financial Strategies Operating Agreement and the Ventures Board.
- The Warm Springs Native Aspirations Prevention Coalition will hold its monthly meeting tomorrow at noon at the Emergency Management Building.
- COCC’s First Nations Student Union invites the community to the documentary film screening of “Fractured Land” at the Madras COCC campus tomorrow from noon to 2pm. A light lunch will be provided. The film follows one man’s fight against destructive fracking operations in British Columbia. It is free and open to the public.
- The Museum at Warm Springs will host a free Corn Husk Bag class taught by Kelli Palmer beginning Tuesday at 5:30pm. Some weaving experience is preferred but not required and it is open to the first 15 people who sign up. Contact Tamera Moody at the Museum to sign up.
There is still time for Tribal Council Candidates, who have not done an interview with KWSO, to do so. Please stop by or call KWSO at 541-553-1968 and schedule an appointment with either Liz or Bigg B. We are airing interviews in our special Tribal Council Election program now through April 3rd. Tribal Council Election Day is April 4th.
The Jefferson County Winter Shelter is open at the Cornerstone Baptist Church, located on Tenth Street in Madras, from 6pm to 7am on especially cold nights. Call 541-325-2478 to find out if the shelter will be open.
Tananawit – A Community of Warm Springs Artists are having a fundraising can drive through this Friday. Any donations can be brought the Community Action Team office on campus.
The Miss Warm Springs Pageant is on March 27th at 6pm at the Agency Longhouse. Persons who want to run for the Miss Warm Springs title should submit applications by 5pm on March 22nd to be eligible. Applications and letters of recommendation can be downloaded HERE. For more information contact Nor Sampson at Nor Sampson at yahoo dot com.
2019 Warm Springs Nation Little League – baseball, softball and t-ball – registrations are being taken weekdays from 8am to 4:30pm at the Community Center. Baseball and softball tryouts will be March 19-21 and practices begin April 1st. Coaches and umpires need to complete forms and background checks. FMI: 541-325-3856.