Community Calendar for Sunday March 17, 2019
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Tomorrow is a regular late start Monday for 509J schools.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Academy is celebrating school pride this week with Spirit Week dress up days. Tomorrow is Hat Day! Tuesday is Comfy Day, Wednesday Sporty Sports Day. Thursday is Mismatch Day. And Friday will be Eagle Spirit & School Pride Day.
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act office in Warm Springs is offering drop-in services where you can get help with services such as filing for unemployment, resume & cover letter writing, job application assistance and more. The WIOA office is located in the Education Building, top floor. No appointments are needed, stop by tomorrow between 9am and 4pm, they are closed for lunch at noon.
- Warm Springs Tribal Council has two items on its morning agenda Monday – Hemp Code revisions and the Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund advisory committee appointments. In the afternoon there will be an overview of the 2017 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report with Stauffer & Associates.
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be in Warm Springs at the Warm Springs Senior Center Tuesday. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
Warm Springs Prevention is sponsoring a Spring Baseball Camp for boys ages six to twelve March 26-27 at the Papoose Field. The camp will be conducted by Andy Leonard and Darrell Ceciliani, MHS Graduate and former MLB player with the Mets and the Blue Jays. A morning session for 6-9 year olds will be from 9:30-11:30am and the older kids from 1:30-3:30. Participants need to bring a glove, cleats, helmet, bat and a light jacket.
The Community Action Team will have a Building Native Communities Financial Skills for Families class that will cover all six sessions on March 27th – 8:30 to 4:30. To register call 541-553-3148.
Art Adventure Gallery will feature artists who live in and around Jefferson County in April. Artists may submit up to 4 pieces in any medium. Applications forms are available for download at artadventuregallery.com. Work can be dropped off the last week of March. The exhibit will open April 4th.
2019 Warm Springs Nation Little League – baseball, softball and t-ball – registrations are being taken weekdays from 8am to 4:30pm at the Community Center. Baseball and softball tryouts will be March 19-21. The final deadline is March 29th. Practices begin April 1st. Managers and coaches are still needed. FMI: 541-325-3856.
The Native Youth Exploring Higher Education summer camp at Washington State University is taking applications now through June 15th. The free camp is July 15-19 and is open to students who will enter grades 9-10 in the fall. It’s for students to learn about college opportunities and education. Information and registration is available online at https://native.wsu.edu/nyehe/.