Community Calendar for Friday May 24, 2019
- A senior citizen fitness class is held Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants can eat brunch. Today’s meal will be meatloaf sandwich, sweet potato fries and fruit.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Warm Springs Nation Little League games today – The Braves are at Culver and Junior Baseball play in Prineville.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show the movie Film Stars Don’t Die In Liverpool, rated R, for its Friday night movie. It’s free to attend. It will be shown at 7:30 in the Rodriguez Annex next to the Library.
- Due to a lower than expected spring chinook run size, the Zone 6 Platform and Hook & Line Fishery will temporarily close at 6pm tomorrow. The tribes will meet again next week to decide on additional fishing time.
- Everyone is welcome to a Breakfast with Sparky Fundraiser tomorrow from 9am to noon at Warm Springs Fire & Safety. It’s a pancake breakfast – $5 adults, $3 kids. While there, you can see the fire truck, spray some water and meet the firefighters.
- VFW Post #4217 is inviting families to pick up a flag for their veteran’s gravesite this Sunday for Memorial Day. They will provide one flag to a family member or they will do the placement if asked. Stop by the VFW hall between 10am and 3pm this Sunday.
Make a plan for your family so everyone understands how to communicate and connect in the event of a wildfire or other emergency situation. Have a printed out list of contact information for everyone in the family, for schools, relatives and friends. Make sure emergency contact information is current at schools and daycare. And talk about emergency meeting locations – where your family can get together. This is one thing you can do to be prepared for wildfire season.
The 1910 Indian Shaker Church is accepting donations of clothing and other items for its rummage sale fundraisers. If you would like to donate, contact Josie Williams 360-640-8221.
The Boys and Girls Club of Warm Springs is doing a Squares raffle with the drawing set for June 14th. Money raised will support club operations. Squares are $10 each and the winner will take half the pot. There are 100 squares in all. You can stop by the club to purchase your square.
Boarding School Applications for Chemawa in Salem, Riverside in Anadarko, Oklahoma, Sherman in Riverside, California, and Flandreau in South Dakota are due July 31st. Applications are available at the Higher Education office on the top floor of the Education Building.