Community Calendar for Saturday May 18, 2019
- The boil water order remains in effect for those in Warm Springs on the Agency Water System. Additional water samples will be collected for testing on Monday. The boil order will be in place until the EPA gives approval for it to be lifted. Folks should boil water for use by bringing water to a rolling boil for three minutes to use for cooking, drinking, brushing teeth and washing dishes.
- Warm Springs Early Childhood Education will remain closed until the boil water order is lifted.
- Warm Springs Nation Little League games today – The Warriors play at Sisters at 10am. The Braves play in Sisters at 5pm. Minor Softball plays at Bend South. Major softball hosts Sisters for a double header starting at 11am.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- The Work Experience & Development Department is having an application workshop on Monday for those who have not turned in an application for the Summer Youth Work Program. To participate, youth must be at least 14 years old.
- A senior citizen volunteer appreciation meal will be held on Monday at 1pm at the Senior Center.
Wildfire safety begins with you. Since people start most wildfires do your part to prevent them. Whether you are burning yard debris or having a cook out – never leave a fire unattended. Be sure and check any fire restrictions. Avoid driving on dry grass or using power equipment near dry vegetation and dispose BBQ charcoal properly by soaking them in water. Do these things to prevent wildfires.
This coming Tuesday May 21st is Election Day in Oregon. Registered voters are reminded to mark their ballot, put it in the envelope provided, sign the back and return the ballot to an official ballot drop box by 8pm this Tuesday. In Warm Springs the ballot drop box is on Campus across the street from the Post Office.
Warm Springs Higher Education reminds students who are applying for the Tribal Scholarship that the Tribal Scholarship deadline is July 1st. Talk to Carroll at the Higher Ed office for more information.
Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.
The 1910 Indian Shaker Church is accepting donations of clothing and other items for its rummage sale fundraisers. If you would like to donate, contact Josie Williams 360-640-8221.