Community Calendar for Tuesday May 7, 2019
- The Range Committee meets today at 9am at the Tribal Admin Building, conference room 3.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Warm Springs K-8’s Spring Concert for 4th & 5th grade choir and middle school bands are today. There will be two performances – the first at 2:15 at the K-8 gym and the other at 7pm at the Madras Performing Arts Center.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions can call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- There is Community Acupuncture tomorrow in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
- A Coggins Testing and Vaccination Clinic for horses will be held on May 15th at the Warm Springs Rodeo Grounds. You need to call the Warm Springs Extension office today to let them know how many horses and which services they will receive – 541-553-3238.
- The Meth & Opiate Work Group is sponsoring a community education class on Sweathouse and Spirituality on Thursday at the Community Center. There will be a dinner at 5:30 and presentation at 6, plus information booths and door prizes.
The 30th Annual Honor Senior Day is this Friday at the Agency Longhouse. Everyone is welcome to attend and if you want to be on theme – wear your boots, chaps and cowboy hats! Registration for seniors begins at 9am. There is a continental breakfast at 9, lunch at noon, snack at 3:00 and dinner at 5. Senior citizens eat for free, all others cost $5. Contact the Senior Program if you would like to help out – 541-553-3313.
ECE will have a mini-powwow during Honor Seniors Day at 10am.
The Jefferson County Read selection is Birding Without Borders by Noah Stricker. Friday, May 17th there will be a birding event at 9am at the Pelton Wildlife Overlook on Dizney Lane above the Pelton Reregulating Dam. At 10:30 there will be birding at the Museum at Warm Springs nature trail and a presentation by the author will follow at noon at the Museum with snacks & drinks provided. The book is available for checkout at the Warm Springs & Jefferson County libraries and for sale at both libraries and the Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce.
Warm Springs Recreation will have its spring yards sale this Saturday from 9am to 4pm at the Community Center. Tables are limited. Call the Rec office at 541-553-3243 to reserve.