Community Calendar for Monday May 6, 2019
- It is a regular late start Monday for 509J schools this morning.
- Warm Springs Sanitation reminds residents to place their tote at the road. This will help them save time so they can do all the scheduled pick up with the staff and equipment they have available right now. If you have questions – call the landfill at 553-3163.
- The Warm Springs Native Aspirations Prevention Coalition will hold its monthly meeting today at noon at the Emergency Management Building.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- The Range Committee meets tomorrow at 9am at the Tribal Admin Building, conference room 3.
- Warm Springs K-8’s Spring Concert for 4th & 5th grade choir and middle school bands are tomorrow. There will be two performances – the first at 2:15 at the K-8 gym and the other at 7pm at the Madras Performing Arts Center.
- There is Community Acupuncture on Wednesday in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
The Jefferson County Read selection is Birding Without Borders by Noah Stricker. Art Adventure Gallery will hold its opening reception of its exhibit featuring work inspired by the book on May 16th from 5:30-7pm. Everyone is invited to meet the author and view the exhibit. Friday, May 17th there will be a birding event at 9am at the Pelton Wildlife Overlook on Dizney Lane above the Pelton Reregulating Dam. At 10:30 there will be birding at the Museum at Warm Springs nature trail and a presentation by the author will follow at noon at the Museum with snacks & drinks provided. The book is available for checkout at the Warm Springs & Jefferson County libraries and for sale at both libraries and the Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce.
The 30th Annual Honor Senior Day is this Friday at the Agency Longhouse. Everyone is welcome to attend and if you want to be on theme – wear your boots, chaps and cowboy hats! Registration for seniors begins at 9am. There is a continental breakfast at 9, lunch at noon, snack at 3:00 and dinner at 5. Senior citizens eat for free, all others cost $5. Contact the Senior Program if you would like to help out – 541-553-3313.
Warm Springs Recreation will have its spring yards sale this Saturday from 9am to 4pm at the Community Center. Tables are limited. Call the Rec office at 541-553-3243 to reserve.