Community Calendar for Wednesday May 8, 2019
- There is Community Acupuncture this morning in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
- Mom, Dad & Baby Group is today from 2-3pm at the Family Resource Center. This is for all parents, families & caregivers who take care of a baby or young child. They offer a snack, an activity, a craft and breastfeeding support. To learn more contact MCH Nurse Allie Anderson at 541-553-2460.
- A Coggins Testing and Vaccination Clinic for horses will be held on May 15th at the Warm Springs Rodeo Grounds. You need to call the Warm Springs Extension office today to let them know how many horses and which services they will receive – 541-553-3238.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- There’s a Woodcutters and Bough Cutters public meeting this evening from 6-8:00 in the Fire Management training room. On the agenda: finalized woodcutting codes and 2018 overview.
- The Meth & Opiate Work Group is sponsoring a community education class on Sweathouse and Spirituality tomorrow at the Community Center. There will be a dinner at 5:30 and presentation at 6, plus information booths and door prizes.
- The 30th Annual Honor Senior Day is this Friday at the Agency Longhouse. Everyone is welcome to attend and if you want to be on theme – wear your boots, chaps and cowboy hats! Registration for seniors begins at 9am. There is a continental breakfast at 9, lunch at noon, snack at 3:00 and dinner at 5. Senior citizens eat for free, all others cost $5. Contact the Senior Program if you would like to help out – 541-553-3313.
- ECE will have a mini-powwow during Honor Seniors Day at 10am.
- The Warm Springs Behavioral Health Center is offering a new group – “On Second Though” is a 12-week series about addiction and brain function. It starts this Friday from 10-11am in the conference room at Behavioral Health.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show the movie The Westerner for its Friday night movie. It’s free to attend. It will be shown at 7:30 in the Rodriguez Annex next to the Library.
Be prepared for fire season by creating a GO KIT in case you have to evacuate due to a wildfire. In addition to including a change of clothes and valuables, make sure you have any needed medications, prescriptions, documents, identification, insurance cards and a printed list of contact phone numbers. This is one thing you can do to be prepared for wildfire season.
The Boys & Girls Club of Warm Springs is enrolling now for its summer program. Membership forms are available at the Club. The Summer Program will be available weekdays from 8am to 5pm, meals provided through the summer. The member fee is $25. FMI: 541-553-2323. Scholarships are available through Warm Springs Housing – stop by their office to apply.