Community Calendar for Monday June 17, 2019
- The Summer Food Service Meal Program will be available today at: Bridges High School at Westside School – breakfast is at 7:45 and lunch at noon; at the Warm Springs Youth Center breakfast is 8:45-9:15 and lunch 12-12:30. Nutritious meals are free to kids 18 and under.
- The Bustin’ Buffalo Basketball Camp begins today and goes through Thursday at the Madras High School Gym from 9-noon each day. The MHS varsity girls’ and boys’ basketball teams will work with kids going into grades 1 thru 8 on fundamentals. The cost is $50. Registration will be taken at the gym today.
- The Land Use Planning Committee is having a Community Meeting on Rights of Way on Tribal Land today from 11am to 3pm at the Credit Enterprise meeting room. Refreshments will be provided.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- There is a Food Handler’s Class today from 2-4pm at the Health & Wellness Center atrium. There will also be one on Thursday from 2-4pm.
- Here are the groups and classes today at the Behavioral Health Center: Women’s Talking Circle at 2:00, Adult Substance Abuse Education at 4pm and Aftercare at 5:30.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- There is a public meeting Monday at 5:30pm at the Old Elementary School Gym to give an update on the Water System water main break situation and issues.
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be at the Warm Springs Senior Center tomorrow. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal.
- The next Financial Skills for Families classes will take place on tomorrow and Wednesday at 1136 Paiute Street from 9am to 3pm each day. It will cover all six session over the 2 days. This is a required class for the IDA Program. If you can’t attend the class you can ask about an alternative by calling 541-553-3148.
- Indian Head Casino & Plateau Travel Plaza are having a job fair tomorrow at 1pm at the casino’s Human Resources office.
- The Madras Garden Depot is holding an open garden tour event tomorrow from 5:30 to 7pm. It’s free. For directions, RSVP to 541-475-2068.
- A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate will be in Warm Springs on Wednesday at the Victims of Crime Services office. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
- The Meth & Opiate Work Group is putting on a Community Education Class on Elder Abuse & Addiction on Wednesday at the Community Center social hall. Dinner is at 5:30 and the presentation at 6.
This year’s 4th of July Parade in Warm Springs will honor Marines. Parade lineup will begin at 9am for participants, judging is at 10:00 and the parade will start at 11. A barbecue and family games will follow at the Community Center.
The Todd Beamer Memorial run will be held this 4th of July in Madras. Registration will start at 6:15 that morning at Sahalee Park. Pre-registration at a discount is being taken through July 3rd online at macrecdistrict.com. The events are a 6-mile walk, 5k run, 10k run and 2 mile fun run. After the races, there will be food, a parade and celebration in the park. All proceeds go to the Todd Beamer Memorial Scholarship.
A boys’ regalia making class will be held June 25th at the Family Preservation office from 9am to 5pm. Basic materials will be provided. This is for first time regalia makers – it is free, but space is limited. Call Charlene or Jaycelene 541-615-0036 to sign up.