Funeral Arrangements for Shari A. Miller
Friday 8/16 The dressing is at 3:00 today at the Agency Longhouse
All denomination and Washut services will follow the meal
Saturday 8/17 Leave the Agency Longhouse at 6am for burial at 7 at Mouth of the River Cemetery. They will return to the longhouse for a meal and giveaway after.
Community Calendar for Friday August 16, 2019
- The Summer Meal Program is available at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. All youth ages 1-18 can eat for free weekdays. Breakfast will be served 9 to 9:30am and lunch from 11:30 until noon.
- Tribal youth, ages 14-18, should apply today if they are interested in participating in one of two outdoor experiences – a backpacking course August 26-28 on the Warm Springs Reservation or a Deschutes River Rafting Course August 26-30. There is no cost to tribal youth participants, but registration is due today. For more information on the registration process, contact TJ Foltz at 541-615-0142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At 10:45 this morning, there is Senior Fitness Class at the Senior Center. After class a meal will be provided to participants. Today’s menu is: roast beef sandwich, tomato cucumber salad and fresh fruit.
- There are two fitness classes at 12:10 today in Warm Springs – Functional Fitness at the Community Center and Pi-Yo at the Health & Wellness Center, pod A. Personal Training sessions are available at the Community Center – call 541-553-3589 to learn more.
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market will be set up today from 10am to 3pm on campus in front of the Community Action Team office. New vendors and anyone fundraising is invited to set up. KWSO will be at the Outdoor Market selling sack lunches and KWSO merchandise. Learn more about our membership program too. AND take part in the Campus Walk at 12:15 to learn more about the Old Commissary Project.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will hold its 11th Annual Screen on the Green outdoor movie event is this evening at Sahalee Park in Madras. Folks are invited to come out to the Spray Park before the event – the movie starts at 8:30. Bring your own snacks, chairs, or blankets. They will show the movie How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.
- Indianpreneurship classes are being held the next two Saturdays at the Community Action Team office. This program teaches the basics you need to know to start your own business. They will cover all 12 lessons over the two Saturdays from 9am to 4:30pm. Call 541-553-3148 to sign up.
Warm Springs Early Childhood Education will hold a Child Care Development Fund Public Hearing on Monday August 19th from noon to 1 in the ECE Conference Room. Learn about tribal funding available for eligible families.
A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be at Warm Springs Senior Center on Tuesday. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate will be in Warm Springs Wednesday at the Victims of Crime Services office. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
The Wasco County Fair & Rodeo is August 22-25 in Tygh Valley. Warm Springs Tribal Members get free admission! Thursday is free admission day for all, kid’s funs & games, a free senior luncheon and barrel racing in the arena. Friday & Saturday is the NPRA Rodeo. On Sunday, there’s free breakfast, the youth livestock auction and a demolition derby.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.