Funeral Arrangements for Shari A. Miller
Saturday 8/17 Burial at 7:00 this morning at Mouth of the River Cemetery. They will return to the longhouse for a meal and giveaway after.
Community Calendar for Saturday August 17, 2019
- The Madras Farmers and Artisans Market is today from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Warm Springs Early Childhood Education will hold a Child Care Development Fund Public Hearing on Monday from noon to 1 in the ECE Conference Room. Learn about tribal funding available for eligible families.
- The Jefferson County Democrats will meet on Monday at 6pm in meeting room 8 at the madras United Methodist Church. All are welcome to attend.
If you are experiencing issues with your Warm Springs Telecom services – they ask you please call them at 541-615-0555. You must call in for technicians to respond, troubleshoot and resolve your issue.
Warm Springs HAPPI and Prevention Programs are putting on a penny carnival with foods, games, crafts and music on Wednesday, August 28th from 6-8pm in the Youth Center gym. Anyone interested in setting up a booth should contact the Prevention Program.
The Airshow of the Cascades is August 23-24 at the Madras Airport. In addition to aircraft performances there are displays, a car show, vintage bicycle show, food booths & vendors, airplace & helicopter rides, live music, fireworks, and a motorcycle show. Tickets can be purchased now online at https://www.cascadeairshow.com/tickets/.
Friday August 30th it the last day for kids to turn in book slips for the Warm Springs Library’s summer reading program. Remember – for every book you read, fill out a book slip from the library and put it in the drop box there for a chance to win prizes.
The Recovery Never Ends Family Conference is September 19-21 at HeHe Longhouse. All are welcome to attend at no cost. There will be speakers, support groups, camping, music, Wellbreity, sweathouse, a powwow and they will join in the Hands Across the Deschutes Bridge event on Saturday morning. For more information contact Sarah Frank at 541-553-3205 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warm Spring Recreation’s Back to School Yard Sale is on Saturday, August 24th on the front yard of the Community Center. Tables are limited – reserve one by calling 541-553-3243. The sale will be from 9-4.