Community Calendar for Saturday August 10, 2019
- The Madras Farmers and Artisans Market is today from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Registration for youth soccer through the Madras Aquatic Center Recreation District ends on Monday. Youth Soccer is for kids ages 4 to 14. You can register online at macrecdistrict.com.
Personal Training sessions are available at the Community Center – call 541-553-3589 to learn more.
Warm Springs HAPPI and Prevention Programs are putting on a penny carnival with foods, games, crafts and music on Wednesday, August 28th from 6-8pm in the Youth Center gym. Anyone interested in setting up a booth should contact the Prevention Program.
There is a youth basketball tournament fundraiser for Rylan Davis. It is September 7th and 8th at the Warm Springs Community Center. Its for youth in 3rd thru 8th grades, with several age divisions. All participants will register and their names will be drawn at random to place them on a team. It’s $20 a player. All money raised will help with Rylan’s medical and travel expenses. You can register now at 541-460-0675 or on the first day of the tourney – they have a limited number of shirts, so early registration is encouraged.
The final Downtown Madras Park & Play First Thursday event of the year is on September 5th. It’s a street fair with local vendors, music and food along 5th Street in Madras September 5th from 5-9pm.
Kids still have all of August to get in on the Warm Springs Library’s summer reading program. For every book you read, fill out a book slip from the library and put it in the drop box there for a chance to win prizes. The more book slips you turn in the better chance of winning. There will also be prizes for kids who turn in the most book slips. So, get in as many as you can by Friday, August 30th.
The Warm Springs Back to School Barbecue is coming up on Thursday, August 29th from 4-6pm at the K-8 Academy.
Heart of Oregon YouthBuild is recruiting youth ages 16-24 years for its Fall 2019 cohort starting October 14th. YouthBuild members earn their GED, high school diploma, college credit, and job skills. There is an education award awarded for participants. There are information sessions scheduled at their Cloverdale office in Sisters. The first one will be on August 22nd. Other dates are September 5, 12, 26 or October 3 also in Sisters. You MUST attend one of the information sessions to be considered for the YouthBuild Program. Details are available online at www.heartoforegon.org.