Community Calendar for Sunday August 11, 2019
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today.
- Here is what is on the Tribal Council Agenda for Monday: Cougar Den, Inc.; Land Use & Planning; Cell Tower Leases Update; FEMA Declaration Process; Warm Springs Power and Water Enterprise Bond Update; and EPA/CTWS Leadership Meeting.
- Registration for youth soccer through the Madras Aquatic Center Recreation District is open through tomorrow for kids ages 4 to 14. You can register online at macrecdistrict.com.
- Warm Springs Dental will have its Summer Break Kids Day to provide exams and fluoride varnish to kids of all ages on Tuesday – no appointments needed. Check-in with patient registration and then the dental window anytime between 8 and 11am and 1-3pm that day. A parent or guardian must be present for the child to be seen.
There is free Community Acupuncture on Wednesday in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
The 9 Tribes of Oregon Prevention Camp will be happening in Warm Springs. They are having a community powwow on Wednesday at the agency longhouse. A dinner will begin at 5pm, the powwow at 6. They will serve baked salmon, barbecued pig and more. It is an alcohol, tobacco and other drug free event.
The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon is offering free civil legal services in specialized areas to eligible tribal members. The next walk in intake clinic will be on Thursday from 10am to noon at the Community Action Team office.
The Family Jamboree Day in Warm Springs is on Thursday from 3-7pm. There will be family fun activities plus a talent show hosted by Blue Flamez, jumping houses, rock climbing, music and new this year – an outdoor market and food vendors. If you are interested in being a vendor contact Emily Courtney at the Community Action Team office.
Tribal youth, ages 14-18, are encouraged to apply to participate in two outdoor experiences this month – a backpacking course August 26-28 on the Warm Springs Reservation or a Deschutes Rafting Course August 26-30. There is no cost to tribal youth participants, and registration is due this Friday. For more information on the registration process, contact TJ Foltz at 541-615-0142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Warm Springs Outdoor Market will be set up on Friday from 10am to 7pm on campus next to the Community Action Team office, on the corner of Paiute Ave. & Warm Springs St. Interested vendors should contact Emily Courtney at 541-553-3148.
The Jefferson County Library Film Center will hold its 11th Annual Screen on the Green outdoor movie event this Friday at Sahalee Park in Madras. Folks are invited to come out to the Spray Park before the event – the movie starts at 8:30. Bring your own snacks, chairs, or blankets. They will show the movie How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.
Indianpreneurship classes are coming up August 17 & 24 at the Community Action Team office. This program teaches the basics you need to know to start your own business. They will cover all 12 lessons over the two Saturdays from 9am to 4:30pm. Call 541-553-3148 to sign up.