Community Calendar for Monday August 19, 2019
- The Summer Meal Program will be available today through Friday at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. All youth ages 1-18 can eat for free. Breakfast will be served 9 to 9:30am and lunch from 11:30 until noon.
- Here is what is on the Tribal Council Agenda this morning – updates from the Secretary-Treasurer and Chief Operating Officer, the September Agenda, Travel Delegations and Minutes Review and Museum at Warm Springs Funding. This afternoon will be Enrollments, Indian Head Casino Loan Documents and Draft Resolutions.
- There is Senior Fitness Class today at 10:45am at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat a meal after – today they are having: grilled chicken, garlic spaghetti squash and melons.
- Warm Springs Early Childhood Education will hold a Child Care Development Fund Public Hearing today at noon in the ECE Conference Room. Learn about tribal funding available for eligible families.
- Fitness class opportunities in Warm Springs today are: Functional Fitness at the Community Center aerobics room and Pi-Yo in pod A at the clinic. Both classes start at 12:10 and can be adapted for any fitness level. There is Fusion Fitness Class Tuesday morning at 6:00 at the Community Center. Personal Training sessions are available at the Community Center – call 541-553-3589 to learn more.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- The Jefferson County Democrats will meet today at 6pm in meeting room 8 at the madras United Methodist Church. All are welcome to attend.
- Warm Springs Construction will begin the Sunnyside Road Grade, Relay & Pedestrian Project tomorrow. Sunnyside Drive will be closed from Tmsh Street to Upper Dry Creek Road through October 4th. If you have any questions contact Ben Bisland 541-553-3207.
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be at the Warm Springs Senior Center tomorrow. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
- A Jefferson County Victims Assistance will be at the Warm Springs Victims of Crime Services office on Wednesday. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources.For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
- Heart of Oregon YouthBuild is recruiting youth ages 16-24 years for its Fall 2019 cohort starting October 14th. YouthBuild members earn their GED, high school diploma, college credit, and job skills. There is an education award awarded for participants. There are information sessions scheduled at their Cloverdale office in Sisters. The first one will be this Wednesday. Other dates are September 5, 12, 26 or October 3 also in Sisters. You MUST attend one of the information sessions to be considered for the YouthBuild Program. Details are available online at heartoforegon.org.
There is a youth basketball tournament fundraiser for Rylan Davis September 7th and 8th at the Warm Springs Community Center. Age divisions are 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 grades. All participants will register and their names will be drawn at random to place them on a team. It’s $20 a player. All money raised will help with Rylan’s medical and travel expenses. You can register now at 541-460-0675 or on the first day of the tourney – they have a limited number of shirts, so early registration is encouraged.
The Airshow of the Cascades is this weekend – August 23-24 at the Madras Airport. In addition to aircraft performances there are displays, a car show, vintage bicycle show, food booths & vendors, airplane & helicopter rides, live music, fireworks, and a motorcycle show. Tickets can be purchased now online at https://www.cascadeairshow.com/tickets/