- Senior Fitness Class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu today: chicken Caesar salad and fruit smoothie.
- Today’s Warm Springs Fitness activities: Functional Fitness at 12:10 in the community Center Aerobics Room and Pi-Yo class, also at 12:10, in pod A at the clinic. There is Fusion Fitness class tomorrow morning at 6 at the Community Center. Personal Training sessions are available at the Community Center – call 541-553-3589 to learn more.
- Warm Springs Telecom have a Maintenance Window today (Wed) from 10am – 4pm that may cause intermittent outages for customers. This is an ongoing effort to do tower upgrades and equipment maintenance.
- Warm Springs HAPPI and Prevention Programs are putting on a penny carnival with foods, games, crafts and music on Wednesday, August 28th from 6-8pm in the Youth Center gym. Anyone interested in setting up a booth should contact the Prevention Program.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- The Warm Springs Back to School Barbecue is tomorrow from 4-6pm at the Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy. Hotdogs & Hamburgers are on the menu and everyone is welcome to come celebrate a new school year. There will also be a family information and resource fair in the commons. Check out the information and pick up a new back pack – stop by the KWSO booth for a Native Student T-shirt and the K8 registrar will be set up to answer any enrollment questions.
- There will be a Mt Hood Meadows winter clothing giveaway during the Back to School BBQ as well.
- Volunteers who can help transport groceries from Warm Springs Market to the Warm Springs K8 – tomorrow at 11am and then help set up and staff the BBQ are welcome to pitch in for the Back to School BBQ… It takes a village to on a big event and everyone’s help is needed and appreciated!
- The youth 3 on 3 round robin scheduled for Thursday and Friday this week is cancelled.
- There is a Fusion Fitness class, suitable for all fitness levels, every Tuesday & Thursday at the Community Center.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon is offering free civil legal services in specialized areas to eligible tribal members. The next intake clinic will be tomorrow from 10am to noon at the Community Action Team office. Walk-ins are welcome.
Friday 8/30 – The Warm Springs Outdoor Market will be set up Friday from 10am to 3pm at the Community Action Team on campus. KWSO will be hosting our Membership BBQ from 11am – 2pm. On the menu is chicken kabobs with Veggies, Pasta Salad and a beverage. You can support Warm Springs Community Radio by becoming a “member.” Sign up online at kwso dot org and eat for free this Friday! KWSO Merchandise and food plates will also be for sale.
Saturday 8/31 – The 2109 Public Safety and Community BBQ is Saturday from noon to 3pm at the campus. Everyone is welcome to for free food & drinks, raffles, music and games.
Sunday 9/1 – The Warm Springs Baptist Church will have a gathering to celebrate its 49th anniversary this Sunday starting at 10:30am. Speaking will be Allen Elston and missionary Jerry Lance.
Monday 9/2 – Monday is the Labor Day Holiday – all Warm Springs Tribal Offices and the Indian Health Services Clinic will be closed. Drive carefully – with additional holiday weekend traffic on Central Oregon roads.
Tuesday 9/3 – Tuesday is the first day of school for 509J including 1st thru 8th grade students at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. Kindergarten students should have information about parent conferences and small groups. You can contact the school office if you have questions at 553-1128.
The Annual MAC Dash is coming up September 14th at the Madras Aquatic Center. The deadline to register is September 8th. All proceeds from the event go to In-water programs for the MAC. There is also a Middle MAC Dash for kids 11-14 and a mini-MAC Dash for children 10 and under – both kids events are free but registration is still required. Visit MAC Rec District dot com to sign up. https://www.macrecdistrict.com/mac-dash/
OSU Extension is offering a Mini Session on “Stressing Less with Mindfulness” on Wednesday September 11th from 6-7pm in Redmond. Learn how to give your brain a rest by practicing several mindful actions. The class is free and will be held at the Deschutes County Fairground. Learn more at https://extension.oregonstate.edu/deschutes/events/stress-less-mindfulness-mini-session.