- Heart of Oregon YouthBuild is recruiting youth ages 16-24 years for its Fall 2019 cohort starting October 14th. YouthBuild members earn their GED, high school diploma, college credit, and job skills. There is an education award for participants. The next information session is today in Sisters. You MUST attend one of the information sessions to be considered for the YouthBuild Program. Details are available online at heart of Oregon dot org. (www.heartoforegon.org)
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior breakfast this morning – on the menu: Biscuits and Gravy, Scrambled eggs, fresh fruit and OJ. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- The final Downtown Madras Park & Play First Thursday event of the year is today 5-7pm. It’s a street fair with local vendors, music and food along 5th Street in Madras September 5th from 5-9pm.
- The Art Adventure Gallery in downtown Madras will continue to host the All Jefferson County Exhibit with a reception this evening from 5:30-7. All are welcome to stop in.
- “In A Landscape,” a Hunter Noack concert is today at 5:30, in the open at the end of the County Line Road. Tribal members can get free tickets online. Go to KWSO dot org and click on “In a Landscape.” If you do not have online access – visit the Warm Springs Community Action Team or Warm Springs Library and they can help. (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/in-a-landscape-warm-springs-reservation-530pm-thu-95-tickets-60273466561)
The Madras High School Girls Basketball Team is selling apples for a fundraiser. You can pre-order apples for pick up on September 13th. The Oregon grown apples are $25/box. Order from coach Say or coach David. Apples can be canned, used for baking or frozen.
The Annual MAC Dash is coming up September 14th at the Madras Aquatic Center. The deadline to register is September 8th. All proceeds from the event go to In-water programs for the MAC. There is also a Middle MAC Dash for kids 11-14 and a mini-MAC Dash for children 10 and under – both kids events are free but registration is still required. Visit MAC Rec District dot com to sign up. https://www.macrecdistrict.com/mac-dash/
The Recovery Never Ends Family Conference is September 19-21 at HeHe Longhouse. All are welcome to attend at no cost. There will be speakers, support groups, camping, music, Wellbreity, sweathouse, a powwow and they will join in the Hands Across the Deschutes Bridge event on Saturday morning. For more information contact Sarah Frank at 541-553-3205 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing issues with your Warm Springs Telecom services – they ask you please call them at 541-615-0555. You must call in for technicians to respond, troubleshoot and resolve your issue.