- The Meth & Opiate Work Group is meeting today from 9 until 11am at the Greeley Heights Community Building. Everyone is welcome to bring your positive support and ideas in increasing awareness and education for our community about the dangers caused by meth and opiate use and finding ways to create pathways toward healing with hopes of making a better life for our present and our future generations.
- There is Community Acupuncture today in the Community Center Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
- Tribal Council is hearing budget presentations today. This morning will be Human Resources, Governmental Affairs and Finance. This afternoon – presentations on Administrative Services, Tribal Court and G&A, Debt Service, Capital Projects, Election Committee and Tribal Gatherings.
- There is Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: Salmon Sandwich with salad & a fruit smoothie.
- Functional Fitness class is in the noon hour today in the Community Center Social Hall. Tomorrow early morning – there is Fusion Fitness Class at 6am at the Community Center Aerobics Room.
- Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6 as well.
- Heart of Oregon YouthBuild is recruiting youth ages 16-24 years for its Fall 2019 cohort starting October 14th. YouthBuild members earn their GED, high school diploma, college credit, and job skills. There is an education award awarded for participants. There is an information session tomorrow in Sisters. You MUST attend one of the information sessions to be considered for the YouthBuild Program. Details are available online at heart of Oregon dot org. (www.heartoforegon.org)
- Warm Springs Behavioral Health is having its “Wellbriety Celebrating Families” Class for parents only is tomorrow from 9am until noon on the 3rd floor of the Behavior Health Center. This class is open to clients enrolled in Behavioral Health, Best Care or Tuning Points. If you are not currently enrolled in a program, contact Sarah Frank. Classes are Tuesdays and Thursday. Today’s Class will cover Healthy Living.
The Johnson O’Malley Committee for Warm Springs Families is now accepting Applications for the fall activity allowance. This can be for activities such as Rodeo, Dance, Sports, Camps, etc. You can pick up an application at the Higher Education Office upstairs at the Education Building or online packets can be downloaded at www.kwso.org. The deadline to apply is Monday September 30th.
The last Warm Springs Outdoor Market of the year is this Friday in front of the Community Action Team office, on campus. Vendors interested in setting up are welcome. You can talk with Emily at the Community Action Team to learn more.
The Sunnyside Road Grade, Relay & Pedestrian Project is underway. Sunnyside Drive is closed from Tmsh Street to Upper Dry Creek Road. Contact Ben Bisland 541-553-3207 if you have questions.
There is a fundraiser for the Warm Springs Police Department D.A.R.E. program on Saturday September 28th. It’s a Car, Truck & Bike Show at Indian Head Casino from Noon until 5pm. They will have Food, Music and Fun with all proceeds going to D.A.R.E.