- Tribal Council is in session today. On their agenda this morning is: IHS New CEO Meet & Greet; a review of minutes and resolutions; Deschutes Bain HCP; and reconsideration of Casino Loan Documents. This afternoon they will take up a: Craft3 – Nonprofit CDFI – Meet and Greet; Tribal Council Pension Plan Discussion; and Continuation of a Taser Discussion.
- A General Council Meeting on the 2020 Tribal Budget will be held tonight at 7pm at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner will be at 6pm.
- It’s a late start Monday for Jefferson County 509J schools. That means the school day starts 90 minutes later than usual.
- Senior fitness class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat brunch after – today they are having Turkey Swiss Sandwiches.
- Other Exercise Opportunities today include Functional Fitness Class at noontime at the Community Center Aerobics Room. Pilates Yoga class is at noon at the Health & Wellness Center. Don’t forget on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 6am there is Early Morning Fusion Fitness class at the Community Center.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Warm Springs Recreation Department is providing a Yarn Belt Making Classes Today and Tomorrow from 5:30pm-7pm. It will take place in the Warm Springs Community Center Social Hall. For More Information call Carol Sahme @ 541-553-3243
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be in Warm Springs at the Warm Springs Senior Center on Tuesday. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
- The Museum at Warm Springs will be holding a Yarn Belt Class with Elder Instructor Neda Wesley, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 5:30pm-7pm. There is no class limit. To register or for more information: contact Tamera Moody @ 541-553-3331.
- A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate will be in Warm Springs Wednesday at the Victims of Crime Services office located at 1108 Wasco Street. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
- It’s November Team Trivia Night at Wild Winds Station in Madras this Wednesday. The event will start at 7pm and entry fee is $5 per person. All proceeds benefit the Jefferson County Relay for Life.
- There is a Food Handler’s Class this Thursday morning at 10 in the Health & Wellness Center Atrium. If you have any questions contact 541-553-4943.
- Native Hip Hop Performer Supaman will be at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy next Friday with 2 student assemblies and then a Community Presentation at 4pm.
There is no school in the 509J School District next week for the Thanksgiving Break.
The Warm Springs I.H.S. Clinic “same day appointment” phone number is 541-553-2610. Again – for a same day appointment at Warm Springs I.H.S. call 541-553-2610.
Now is the time for studnets planning to attend college or technical school next fall by completing the requirements for the Tribal Scholarship which includes filing a FAFSA for financial assistance. Details are now available at KWSO dot org – click on the slide that says Tribal Scholarship. KWSO.org
The 2020 Census begins April 1st. The Census is now hiring. You can learn more online at 2020 census dot gov slash jobs (https://2020census.gov/en/jobs)