- The Survivors of Suicide Conference is today and tomorrow at the Agency Longhouse. Both day’s sessions on “breaking the stigma”, “on healing” and “support” – go from 8am – 5pm. The conference is open to the community.
- There is Community Acupuncture today in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
- At the Warm Springs K thru 8 today: Lyons Vision Screening from 8am-3:30pm. Parent Teacher Conferences from 4pm-7ppm
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon will be at the Community Action team office today from 10am – 12pm. Walk Ins are welcome or you may arrange an appointment by calling 1-800-546-0534 or 503-223-9483.
- There is Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: Meat Ball Subs.
- The Highway 26 Warm Springs Safety Corridor meeting is taking place today at Noon and again at 6pm at the Greeley Heights Community Building. The Oregon Department of Transportation will be available to provide information, seek input and answer your questions regarding the Safety Corridor project. Each meeting will take approximately an hour to an hour and a half.
- The Madras High School Native American Student Union is having their meeting after school today from 3:15pm-5pm. The Meeting will be held in Mr. Jones classroom. For More information contact Gordon Scott at 503-347-5778.
- Central Oregon Community College is celebrating Native American Heritage Month. Today and Tomorrow the 13th and 14th they are having a screening of: Navajo Code Talkers of World War 2, a Documentary Film that features five warriors from the Navajo Nation who served as Code Talkers. Today the screening takes place at the Madras COCC campus from 5:30pm-7pm and tomorrow the screening is at the Bend Campus from 4pm-5:30pm. For More Information call 541-318-3782
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- Family University presents a Free Personal Financial Course, where professionals in the field of banking will provide an introduction series of classes to help you manage your money and provide answers to money questions. This course will take place at the Jefferson County Middle School in Madras tomorrow and also on November 21st from 6:15pm-7:15pm. To register you can call 541-460-2824
The Central Oregon Skilled Trades Fair is taking place this Friday from 8:30am-2pm at the Deschutes County Fairgrounds in Redmond. Vocational Rehabilitation and WIOA is helping Warm Springs Youth with transportation. If you are interested in crafts like construction, engineering, plumbers Welders and many other careers, give VOC Rehab a call at 541 553-4952. They will be taking interested youth from the Education building to the fair.
November Team Trivia Night at Wild Winds Station in Madras is taking place on Wednesday November 20th. The event will start at 7pm and entry fee is $5 per person. All proceeds benefit the Jefferson County Relay for Life.
The Warm Springs Community Action team is hosting a three day Financial Education Opportunity next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 9am – 4pm each day at the Agency Longhouse. They will offer the entire Financial Skills for Families class over the three days. The class is a requirement for Oregon IDA initiative clients. If you need to make up part of the series – this is a great chance to do that. Contact Nettie to sign up for the modules you need. There will also be a chance to participate in the Vital Tribal Economies Survey. Call 541-553-3148 if you have any questions.
The Warm Springs I.H.S. Clinic “same day appointment” phone number is 541-553-2610. Again – for a same day appointment at Warm Springs I.H.S. call 541-553-2610.
Warm Springs K thru 8 3rd Grade teacher Sarah Bennett is in search of pictures of Veterans for a Wall of Honor. The request is extended out to any veterans, whether they have children in the school or not. They request that there be a name, branch of service and any other information about that veteran. If you could email the pictures and information to email@example.com
Are you an artist? If so, you can become a member of Tananawit and have access to some workshops and mentoring, as well as updates about activities and can turn in your art work for promotional contests for free as an introductory member. If you become a basic Member, there is a fee of $25 with more benefits. For questions or more information you can call 541-553-3148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Now is the time for students planning to attend college or technical school next fall by completing the requirements for the Tribal Scholarship which includes filing a FAFSA for financial assistance. Details are now available at KWSO dot org – click on the slide that says Tribal Scholarship. KWSO.org