Funeral Arrangements for Anthony Shadley
- Services are this morning at 10 at the Warm Springs Baptist Church, burial at the Agency Cemetery with meal to follow.
Funeral Arrangements for Lillian Blackwolf
- Private Dressing this afternoon at 3pm
- Viewing to follow at the Agency Longhouse
- Burial tomorrow morning at 7am at the Simnasho Cemetery (leaving the longhouse at 6am)
- The Warm Springs Sanitation department has announced that trash collection service is canceled until further notice due to Garbage trucks being unexpectedly down for repairs.
- The Confederated Tribes Point-in-time count team will host the Point-in-Time count session from 9am-7pm today. The location has changed to the old Elementary School Gym. Please enter in back through the entrance on the Highway 26 side of the building. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner will be provided. There will be several different organizations and departments there throughout the day. The Point-in-Time count is a calculation of the local population who are experiencing homelessness. The results of the count help with the allocation of resources.
- The Native American Program: Legal Aid Services of Oregon is holding their Intake clinic today from 10am-noon at the Warm Springs Community Action team building. This service promotes equal access to justice by offering free civil legal services in specialized areas to eligible tribal members. Walk-ins are welcome, you may also arrange an appointment by calling 971-703-7108.
- Senior fitness class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat after – today they are having: Salsa Chicken with black bean and corn.
- Fitness Classes today include Functional Fitness at 12:10pm in the Community Center Aerobics Room and PiYo at the Warm Springs Health and Wellness Center in Pod A @ 12:10. A reminder that tomorrow morning at 6am – Fusion Fitness is held at the Community Center Aerobics Room
- A new series of “Wellbriety: Celebrating Families” Parent classes is today at the Warm Springs Behavioral Health Center. The class will go from 1-4pm. Classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays. You must attend by the 3rdclass to take part in the series. For More information, call Sarah at 541-553-3205.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Girls basketball teams are in action today. They are over at the Jefferson County Middle School with games starting at 3:45pm.
- The Opioid Mental Health Initiative is hosting an education presentation: 2019 First Responders Opioid Statistics today at the Community Center Social Hall starting at 5:30pm with Dinner. The Presentation will follow and there will be door prizes. For more information call 541-615-0035.
- The new edition of the Spilyay Tymoo is out today. The Warm Springs Tribal Newspaper is sent to Tribal Members. You can also read each issue online at https://wsnews.org/
Friday, January 31, 2020
- There is a Youth Arts & Craft Day taking place at the Simnasho Longhouse this Friday starting at 9am. This event is free and provides youth with the opportunity to let their creativity out while learning about tribal programs and resources. For More information you can contact Charlene at 541-615-0037.
Cascades East Transit is adding Saturday service on their Community Connector Routes starting this Saturday and are offering FREE rides on Saturdays in February. For a list of the routes schedules you can log on to CET’s website at www.cascadeseasttransit.com and click under news and updates.
Warm Springs Recreation is hosting the Sweetheart Sale on Friday February 14th, from 10am to 3pm. The event takes place in the Community Center Social hall, the First 20 vendors will get one table and they are taking signups now. You can contact Carol at 541-553-3243.
The Healthy Heart Challenge is an 8 week cardiovascular challenge with healthy diet and lifestyle tips. There will be weekly challenges and raffles. Sign up is on Monday February 3rd with a 3 minute step assessment to monitor your Heart-beats per minute. Sign up Monday morning from 8 til 10 at the Tribal Administration building, from 10 til noon at the Community Center and from noon until 4:30 at the Health and Wellness Center. If you have any questions, call Kacey Conyers at 541-553-2460.
The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs Tribal Council has announced openings for seven Tribal Committees and Boards, which include the Water Control Board, Telecom, Composite Products, TERO, Ventures, Warm Springs Power & Water and Credit. The deadline to apply is February 24th. Send a letter of interest and a resume to Secretary-Treasurer/CEO Michele Stacona.